Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The benefit of getting to dress my boys each morning

I can give myself a pick me up whenever I want!

Other news:

Boys:  Had their 2 month appointment.  Camden weighed in at 11 lbs 15 oz and Carter at 10 lbs 8 oz.  Both 22 inches long. Yay for Mom's milk.  They are getting chunky and now wear 3-6 month clothes.  Ugh they move through sizes so fast I feel like we hardly wear anything before we are on to the next.  Of course with all the spit up these guys get to wear a few outfits each day, so that helps.

Liv: Aside from trying to trick me into thinking she has already taken her naps by pleasantly walking up the stairs and saying, "Good morning Mama!" after 45 minutes of only playing in her room and being obsessed with the snow boots Babi sent her (she wants to wear them to bed, and the other day was running around naked except for snow boots), she has a cough--Hurray for cough syrup she's been sleeping so well and even sleeping in for us!

Me: I started back to work.  I'm just working one half day every week.  Work is fabulous!  Having 4 hours with no kids crying for me to help them with something is a godsend.  But packing up what feels like my entire house to go to work and then packing everyone back to the house after is a little nuts.

Derek:  Says he is committed to running the American Fork Canyon 1/2 marathon with me in June.  So far he seems more motivated to run.  He's up to a whopping 2.5 miles.  Whoot whoot!  (I'm none to judge I went for my first run since having the babies and most of their pregnancy on Saturday.  We probably only went a mile and a half or two but London and I were both in heaven.  The whole time I just kept thinking how much I love to run and have missed it.  We'll see how long it takes me to get an opportunity to go again but I'm itching to get out again soon--if it would ever stop snowing).




3 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Chels they are so cute. You are amazing. I can't wait to see you guys.

Angie said...

One of these mornings I'm going to see if you're planning to hang at home and stop by for some baby snuggle time. Good job getting back out there to run! I'm usually still in the "I just had a baby--leave me alone" phase of physical fitness at that point! LOL

Heather said...

Cutest outfits ever!