My sister has been requesting for a long time that I post a belly shot ugh! Everyone is always telling me how little I look, but I feel huge, and I swear I look huge in this picture.
We have been busy at our house. Shortly after the whole toddler bed switch Liv just decided it was time to potty train. She has kinda been obsessed with pottys for a while, but one day she insisted she wanted to go pee pee in the potty so I took off her diaper and put her on the potty (at Walmart of all places) and she went, then she told me the rest of the day when she needed to go. So, despite the fact that I had no intention of potty training her before the twins came...we're potty training. I hate it. I feel like I have to constantly watch her again. She did fabulous for about two weeks having hardly any accidents and telling me every time she needed to go. However, I think a little of the allure has worn off because now if she is playing and distracted, she will just go in her underwear (who wants to go to the potty and interrupt perfectly good play time when you can just go in your undies and all over the floor). The only good thing that has come from this is that I have no problem keeping up on laundry. My laundry bins are empty due to constant need of washing soiled clothes (getting it all put away is a different story--can't seem to keep up with that)!
I have officially finished my required 50 hours of CME that I have to do every two years as a PA. I had to finish 20 more hours before the end of this year. I decided the easiest way was to go up to a conference at snowbird 3 full days in a row which gave me exactly the 20 hours I needed. We made a little vacation out of it. Derek came up the last night with Liv and then watched her the next day while I was in classes. We did some swimming in this beautiful outdoor pool surrounded by the gorgeous mountains one evening as the sun was setting. Then, Derek and Liv hit up the pool again the next morning again, I met them for lunch, they rode the tram to the top of the mountain, and then we headed home.


Liv has really been enjoying all the fresh fruit to pick in our yard. Derek and I hardly get to eat one of our raspberries or strawberries. She picks and eats them all before we ever see them. She also loved picking tomatoes especially our little orange cherry tomatoes. (Kudos to the wife I somehow managed to can 35 pints of salsa on Friday! Hurray!!! Can't say I enjoyed that as much as Liv enjoys picking and eating everything, but I do enjoy looking at my cans of salsa reminding me that it got done.) Right now our asian pear tree is ripe, so Liv is loving those and these are some random pictures from her picking pears at Grandpa's house.




Our ward puts on a 5K fun run and breakfast every year. While I did not participate (and Derek was too lazy to get his butt out of bed), London ran with my friend in the ward and Liv competed in the kids race. It was her first race ever, and she was so excited. We put on her fastest clothes and fastest shoes (at least that's what I told her to coax her into getting dressed that morning). She even got to safety pin a number to her shirt. The kids just ran around the perimeter of the church. Liv was the youngest and definitely not even close to the front of the pack, but she ran her little heart out and loved it. My friend Annie and her son Jens (Liv's current obsession helped her finish the race).


I think this photo is hilarious. Liv's favorite toy at the moment is this little calculator. She calls it her phone and carries it around with her everywhere. It goes outside, to the grocery store with us, everywhere. She gets on that calculator and calls to talk to all her friends.
Last thing, Derek and I did it. We went on one last little get away sans Livie before these twins come. The OB said he didn't want me venturing far from home after 28 weeks, so we went when I was 27 weeks! We just drove down to Cedar City for a couple nights and left Liv with D's family. We had a great time sleeping in and not being interrupted in the night (well except for my bladder). We went golfing and Derek keeps saying I actually played well--maybe I am not such a horrible golf partner after all.

The golf course was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. (I do look pretty good out there if I must say so myself). We also hit up one of the Shakespeare plays (Merry Wives of Windsor), ate out, and then headed back to our sweet little Liv Lu who didn't seem to miss us one bit. Fabulous!

4 comments:
All of that sounds so fun! It would be a huge blessing for you if Liv was potty trained before the twins came! Asian pears, YUM!
Ohhh, jealous. I've always wanted to go see the Shakespeare stuff down there. And golfing is fun! You don't look big prego at all - that's like my fourth month belly. Can't wait to hear about the twins. I'm excited for ya!
I am WAY bigger than you and I just have one baby in there.
You are so cute, Chelsea! Congrats on the pregnancy! Have fun and take care!
Post a Comment