Last weekend we made the drive out to Jiggs, NV to see my Dad and sister at my Dad's cabin in seriously the middle of nowhere. The drive went pretty well considering we had a 1 and 1/2 year old and a dog as companions. The pregnant lady finally bit the bullet and started taking Phenergan for her nausea. I haven't throw up once since taking it! It takes the edge off, but I still don't feel fabulous.
Out in Jiggs we did a lot of hiking. And in true Grandpa Dan fashion we were never on a real trail and always seemed to be going mostly up. Derek was a trooper and carried the extra 35-40 lbs that Livie and her back pack (full of snacks for the pregnant one) added up to. London was in dog heaven with all the hiking sans leash and other dogs to play with (and their food the scarf--don't get me started...let's just say my Dad's white carpets have a permanent diarrhea stain from London when she made herself sick eating everyone else's food.)
One day my Dad drove us all into Elko (which is about 40 minutes away--and you thought Elko was in the middle of nowhere). He wanted to buy all of us some boots because he said it's the only thing to do in Elko. While Kylie and I were taking forever trying to decide which to get (there were so many to choose from), Liv got bored, and we found her strolling the store in this hat and Aunt Kylie's shoes. So cute! Grandpa also bought her one of those horses on stick. She loves the thing and afterward wanted to ride it everywhere (through the grocery store, every parking lot, all over the house).
Liv also got some boots of her own which she loves. She begs to wear them all the time. They are size 8 and way too big right now, but we actually couldn't fit her chunky baby calves in any smaller size. Boots seem to cut straight up and every smaller size would get stuck on calves before her foot even reached the bottom. (Hilarious!) But, I'm glad they are big because this way she can wear them around for play for a couple years and then actually wear them in a few years. More use! Anyways, it was a great trip and so fun for Liv to spend time with Grandpa Dan and Aunt Kylie (she always loves extra people to shower her with affection).

1 comment:
I tried to buy Christian boots last year. I bought them even though he wasn't in the store with me, and when I took them home--of course they didn't fit! I couldn't get his fat feet to slide into them at all. Total bummer.
Post a Comment