Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First OB Visit

Well I have officially been released from my in vitro doctors and placed in the care of a regular ol' OB.  And, they finally told me I could stop those dang progesterone suppositories 4 times a day!  Then, I had my first OB visit today, and he canceled that order and suggested I keep doing the progesterone suppositories until 12 weeks but that I could cut back to just once before bed.  Hurray :(  At least just once a day--that's way better.  He says it is the most important thing to keeping my cervix nice and closed, and since I have been worried about someone falling out, I'll listen.

The really good news...my OB said I can start running again!!!  I have missed it so much, but he said I can only run until 28 weeks and then basically all the restrictions go up because I am considered a high risk pregnancy and with twins prone to go into preterm labor.  No traveling, no running, etc after 28 weeks.  In honor of the good news, I went for a run with Derek tonight.  Only 2 miles, but it felt great!  Derek is a little freaked about me running.  He claims I'm not allowed to run with anyone but him--we'll see about that.

My OB said that I will have an ultrasound at 16 weeks, 20 weeks, and bascially every appointment after that.  After 28 weeks, I also have to start doing non-stress tests with each visit--hurray!  (Acutally those are kinda fun, but I think it may get old especially with Liv around this time).

He said on average most twins deliver at 35 weeks, and that he won't let me go past 38 weeks.  So with a due date of December 2nd, these babies are actually coming November 18th or earlier.  He also said I need to know that with a twin pregnancy I have a 50% chance of needing a C-section (mostly based on positioning of the babies at the end).  I'll take it if that's what's needed to get those babies here safe, but I'm hoping we won't have to go that route.

In other news...I'm still sick and maybe it will show in these pictures by how I obviously can't even get my child out of her pajamas.  Actually, I blame her.  At 8 am every morning she begs to go outside, so we just put shoes on over the jamies and go.  She is in love with walking London around the yard, and sitting on poor London.




 
And, she is getting really good with a spoon.  This is tomato soup.  Please disregard the scab on her face.  One is always present.  It seems as one heals, then she earns herself another (cement is not very forgiving).  PS I'm 9 weeks now, and have my next OB visit at 12 weeks...maybe the nausea will fade away by then.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

i'm so thrilled to hear this news! congrats!

(also, you have a great dog. i love that olivia's riding her. bless her heart!)

emily+brett said...

All of this is so exciting. Who is your OB this time around?