Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double the flavor, double the fun...


No, I'm not talking about doublemint gum folks. I'm pregnant with twins! This would probably be a funnier post coming from Derek (I'd love to know his actual thoughts right now). Wish I coulda seen his face when the ultrasound tech found two little sacs in there--dang her she was totally blocking my view of his facial expression.

I wasn't too shocked. I have just had a hunch it was gonna be twins all along. I've been telling Derek I am pregnant with twins along and referring to the babies as them to everyone else. I didn't want to get it too set in my mind because I didn't want it to be a let down if we only found one. But there were two! Wallah! Great grand finale to the Marshall family (don't you think?)

How am I feeling? Since everyone is always asking. In terms of twins- excited, scared--not really exactly sure what to expect. I don't think the reality of twins will really hit me until I have twins and a 2 year and one month old Livie running around. Or maybe when we have to buy a new car, another car seat, another crib another everything...maybe when that affects the pocketbook it will start affecting me.

In terms of sickness, I'm sick. Ugh! I have spent all day for the last few days trying to constantly decide how not to avoid throwing up. So far I have been successful I haven't actually thrown up--just constantly feel like I might. Fun fun! (I am 6.5 weeks pregnant people--I may have to do this for quite a while longer). Last go I didn't get sick until 10 weeks, so I feel like I got cheated out of a month of feeling good. Blast!

Anyways, two babies, two sacs (fraternal twins), two heartbeats meaning they are doing well. I get to stop the estrogen patches and daily baby aspirin and get to keep up with the progesterone suppositories 4 times a day--JOY! Another ultrasound in about 2 weeks. First OB appointment May 1st!

We have an awesome ultrasound pic that I would like to upload showing the twiners (labeled as baby A and baby B by the ultrasound tech), but D has it with him at work so the doublemint twins will have to do for now.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Haha, I love it!!! I wondered if you would be having twins, just because those numbers you were giving seemed so high (not that I have any idea if that means anything or not, just my thought process!). Congrats, that is a pretty terrific grand finale! :)

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness, Chelsea! Congratulations. Those little boys are going to be so much fun ;). I'm very excited for you guys!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

How exciting! You are going to be such a rockin' momma with all those cute kiddos. If anyone can do twins it's you.

emily+brett said...

So so thrilled! Let me know if you need a nap and I'll come take liv:)

Christi said...

I totally agree, if anyone can do twins you can and you will rock at it! That is soooo exciting. YaHoo!!!

Laura said...

Yay! Congratulations!!

Sunnishine said...

Twins! I know you needed a bigger challenge- you will be an awesome mom of 3. So excited for you guys and watching the blog :)

Angie said...

We've already talked about this, but I still had to post something. :) We are super excited for your family! When you posted your HCG levels, I, too, thought you were for sure having twins! They will be such a fun adventure!