Just a quick little up-date. I survived bed rest! I did really well until about 3 or 4 pm of the second day. The embryologist gave me a call the day after the egg transfer to inform me that, as we suspected, they were unable to freeze any eggs. I'm not too bummed about it. I mean it would have been fabulous to have a little frozen supply in case this doesn't work or in case we ever wanted more children, but I wasn't expecting to get any frozen eggs, so it's okay. I'm just really hoping and praying for this go around to work (and why not throw in some twins if this is our last shot at a family). Yes, twins would be nice (and stressful) but we just want a baby really. As long as we get one we will be thrilled!
I had a blood test drawn yesterday, and all my hormone levels looked great. So I am to continue my current drug regimen which includes estrogen patches (which I change every other day), a baby aspirin, and progesterone suppositories 4 times a day (you can guess where those are inserted--fun fun). The rest of this week I am allowed to perform daily activities, but I am not supposed to do anything extra. Like I can't even take the dog for a walk (poor London). But starting Friday, I can do non-strenuous exercise like walking or swimming as long as I don't get my heart rate above 140. And, if it turns out that I am pregnant, I have to keep those exercise precautions for weeks until I've had a least a few ultrasounds to make sure the baby (or babies) are stuck in there good. Sad times for me, but the end goal is worth it! For now, I am just trying to keep myself very busy until the big blood test on Monday!
3 comments:
Thinking of you and praying for you, Chels. Love you girl!
Yay Chels! I keep thinking about you and hoping all goes well. Yay for another Marshall baby!!!
Chelsea, I think you are such a brave strong woman! I hope and pray things continue to go well for you and Derek.
Post a Comment