Monday, March 26, 2012

Here We Go Again!

The new is...I'm pregnant! And, I'm so glad. I have totally been feeling just slightly pregnant, but with all the hormones I was on I worried it was all in my head. I have told a few people this, but I wanted to record it here as well. This time around in vitro has been so different for me. Last time I was seriously a nervous wreck. I could do nothing but worry about whether or not it was going to work. It just felt like all would be lost if it didn't work. I seriously felt like life would not progress if it didn't work. I was a mess waiting for this news, and then I had the whole scare with the low Hcg level--don't even get me started.

This time around (though it may not seem like it from my worry filled blogs), I have been so calm. When we first decided to do in vitro again I was anxious, but then Derek and I went to the temple and just felt like it was the right decision right now and since then I have honestly not worried about it much. And even waiting for this result the last few weeks, I was not too stressed or ruminating about it. I have just felt really good about it the whole time. I honestly have just felt like it was going to work all along. And all day I have had the feeling they would just call and tell me I was pregnant. Of course I didn't really want to tell people this or myself this for fear it wasn't true, but I'm glad it is! I know all the prayers and fasting you have all done in my behalf have brought this blessing of peace and comfort (and pregnancy) to me through the process. So, thanks much (especially George)! Derek and I feel truly blessed to have so many people in our lives who care so deeply about us to offer prayer and fasting in our behalf and to bless us with the opportunity to add to our family!

So the details: My hcg level was 234, and they wanted it to be at least 50 today, so that looks solid. Last go, it was too low, less than 50 and gave us a big scare. Not this time thank goodness. I keep telling Derek that it is so high that it means we are having twins. He's freaking out because I keep telling him I'm pregnant with twins. The truth is we won't know until 2 and half weeks from now when I have my first ultrasound. Next week, I have another blood test to make sure the hcg continues to double. Of course I am still just very barely pregnant and the risk or miscarriage is there, so we will keep praying our little hearts out that everything continues to go smoothly. I have to continue to be good and not get my heart rate above 140. I can't wait for that first ultrasound! We'll keep you all posted.

8 comments:

AmbernNacho said...

That is so amazing! I am so happy for you and your family. We will continue to pray for you. I am wishing you all the best.

Heather said...

Congratulations, Chelsea, I'm so glad for you all!!!!

Ryan and Erin said...

Halleluja! I am so happy for you guys!!! Lots of love!!!

Lex-a-roo said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Desiree said...

Yea! Chad and I were praying for you yesterday and I mentioned that you were finding out that day and he just looked at me like, "and you haven't checked their blog?" So, first thing this morning I did. Congrats! I keep telling Chad it will be twins too.

emily+brett said...

you know i'm rooting for twins!! but A baby is as good as anything!

The Dixon Family said...

Congradulations Chels I am so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!