
So those are our two little embryos that were put in this morning. They both made it to the blastocyst stage (132-164 cells). One was closer to 132 cells and the other closer to 164. These are so much more developed than our eggs last go around. Last time we could literally count the cells in the picture. These ones have even started to separate into different cell types. The cells that will go on to be the baby have started to clump together on one side and the cells that will grow into a placenta have started to clump on the other side.
The other 3 eggs have not yet reached blastocyst stage. They are going to give them until tomorrow to see if they will. If so, we can freeze them, if not this better work! The embryologists didn’t seem too hopeful that the remaining eggs would make it to blastocyst. But, they did say putting two blastocysts in gives us a 20% chance of twins and a 65-80% chance of a pregnancy. That’s a 1 in 5 chance of twins! And, a more likely chance of pregnant than not pregnant. So, I feel pretty good. I feel like we really have a good shot of a least one more baby.
The big deciding day is March 26th. Just a blood test to say yea or nay—keep the prayers coming people. Until then, I am just trying to keep busy. So far bed rest has not been too bad, but I’ve only been down two hours.
So, what do you do the night before you potentially get pregnant? I’ll tell you what we did…I started the morning with a 4 mile run (last one for a long while), took Liv to the doctor to get her 18 month shots (that’s right my daughter is 18 months!), then we went to the zoo, then I made D take me out to sushi since it may be my last chance for a long while and sushi is my favorite food. I’ve been in sushi nirvana ever since. Love sushi!
2 comments:
Hey girl. I have been wondering how the in vitro went. Then I thought today, check her blog. And here it is. All the info I need. I should have known! Anyway, we will keep you in our prayers until the 26th (and beyond). How exciting! I am betting on twins!
Amazing photo! You are in my prayers!! xoxo
Post a Comment