
Liv could care less about a 3-day vs. 5-day transfer. In this pic she's actually just stoked about the Arby's sandwich I let her eat for lunch yesterday.
Dr. Richards the embryologist just called to report that I have 2 eggs in the 8 cell stage, 1 in the 7 cell stage, and 2 in the 6 cell stage. Today they would expect the eggs to be between 6 and 8 cells. So, all the eggs that's aren't there are already behind and probably won't be worth anything.
He thinks those two 8 cell embryos should continue to divide and be looking very good for a 5 day transfer. By Friday, he would expect these embryos to have divided to be 132-164 cells (which is considered blastocyst stage--where they need to get in order to freeze). He thinks the 8 cells should be there and be the two we put in. He thinks 7 cell has a good possibility of making it to the blastocyst stage, so that we could freeze it. The two 6 cell eggs may, we'll just have to see. They are at the low end of the cut off and may do fine and keep dividing or may be putting-out.
I feel like you all are getting a window into my neurotic self on this blog. I'm thrilled the eggs looks so good because as Dr. Richards explained to me today a 3-day transfer has a 50% chance of pregnancy, a 5-day transfer has a 65-80% chance. However, last time we did a 3 day transfer and got pregnant, so I just have this fear that my eggs that look so great right now are going to just die off over the next couple days. Although, I trust these guys and they think my best chance at pregnancy is to wait, so wait we will.
He said if today rather than two 8s, one 7, and two 6s our two best eggs were the 6s, then we would be doing a 3-day transfer. As I recall last time, (when we did a 3-day transfer) our two best eggs weren't fabulous I think they were 6 almost 8 cell or had just barely divided to 8 cell and none of the other eggs were even there.
Anyways, so Friday is the day. I will be on bed rest Friday and Saturday. Come visit me so I don't go crazy! Derek is just going to take Friday off work, so he can be home with Liv. He's so stoked because his plan is just to watch March madness games all day. What I think he is forgetting is that Olivia may not want to watch March madness all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment