Thursday, March 1, 2012

First of many Up-dates

So this is my counter downstairs. We have turned into a mini clinic. And, if you think that is crazy you should see my fridge! Instead of food, it is stocked with medication! I had my first ultrasound and blood work on Tuesday and everything looked good, so I started all my stimulation meds last night. I get 3 separate shots in the belly every evening and one of those medications stings like crazy! I have enlisted the help of Derek (after much coaching), and he's turning into a pretty good little nurse. Last night he was drawing up meds and everything.

My first ultrasound showed 9 follicles on one ovary and 5 on the other. Not too shabby. My next ultrasound is on Sunday morning, so we will see how things are looking after all the hormone stimulation. I didn't remember these hormones making me too crazy last time, but I think they do a little bit. I constantly want to cry about nothing or punch someone in the face for no reason (patients watch out!) Poor Derek he is managing so well with the emotional roller coaster he rides every night when he gets home from work.

Thought, I'd post some cute pictures of the in vitro success for positive vibes. Liv is obsessed with cereal right now. If I won't pour it for her no matter, she'll make do.
This is Liv and London on Valentine's Day. Their favorite treat of the day was playing with this old diaper box. London chewed it forever, and Liv kept sliding down it like a slide.Caught these two curled up like this the other day, and I thought it was a nice break from the usually hair/tail pulling and getting accidentally knocked over that is usually going on.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so excited for you guys and you definitely will be in our prayers and we will fast for your family. Good luck and keep us updated with the whole process. We are so excited!!

emily+brett said...

Aw that last pic of liv is just too cute! Oh all those shots just bring back lovely memories. Sigh. I feel you on the craziness. We're still praying for you!

ashley said...

The Kix picture is just a mini derek in girlie jammies!! Best wishes, lots of luck, sending prayers, can't wait to see london the dog in person!

Lex-a-roo said...

Hang in there with medical part. I Liv looks so cut with London.