
There is my sweet chunky baby girl in the dress Auntie Kylie gave her (and me in the background in my fuzzy pink pajamas). But enough of that, back to my point...
My mind is playing tricks on me. I distinctly remember being in the first trimester of pregnancy and nauseated all the time. I remember wondering why I had paid so much money to feel that way as I moaned and grabbed from another saltine cracker. I remember wondering how anyone would ever think of doing that to themselves more than once. I remember thinking it was going to last forever, and I would never not feel nauseous again.
I also distinctly remember entering the second trimester and all the sudden realizing I didn't feel nauseous any more. I remember getting a little further into the second trimester and looking back thinking it really wasn't that bad (how I could think that when I distinctly remember the exact opposite feeling just weeks before--I don't know).
I remember the end of pregnancy vividly. I remember being so uncomfortable--I mean literally not being able to find a single comfortable position. I remember walking around arching my back to unthinkable degrees in order to feel like I could breathe. I remember getting up to go to the bathroom every two hours in the night only to crawl back in bed and not sleep at all. I remember thinking pregnancy would never end--the days seemed to drag on and on. I did all I could possibly do trying to make that baby come out. And now, somehow I look back and think that all went by so fast.
I remember having my baby. (And, yes she really was a pretty good sleeper from day 1). But, I remember getting up every few hours in the night to feed her. I remember being so exhausted each day that my head was literally in a fog. I couldn't think clearly, my head hurt all the time, my eyes stung as I tried to stay awake each day. I felt like my eyes were open, but my brain was always asleep. And now, I honestly look back and think I wasn't really that tired. And, that really wasn't so bad either.
Sometimes I think it was all so easy that I really would love to do it all over again. Heck! I truly tell myself that if I found out I was pregnant right now I would be overjoyed. (And, I probably would be if I managed to miraculously sneak in a free baby without going through ICSI again). But, as you can obviously see...MY MIND IS PLAYING TRICKS ON ME!
4 comments:
This is the special trick that is played on us otherwise no one would ever have another kid. Let the mind games flow, its better that way.
Exactly...all women forget, otherwise everyone would be an only child! :)
I distinctly remember thinking after giving birth, "I NEVER want to do that again!" And here I am only 4 weeks later thinking, "It wasn't so bad, in fact this baby is so great I think I want another one just like him." I must be tired. Yes, making us forget how hard it was must be a trick God plays on mothers so we're willing to do it again.
Well said. Well said. But DON'T do it! Believe me. It is as hard as you remember it to be. Also, about your culinary post, have you been trying new recipes and perfecting your dinners? Because I want to start a recipe swap with you since we both like to cook and try new things...
Post a Comment