Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We have been busy

I know you have all been staring at my little ballerina for a whole month now and dying for another post. I have recently discovered just how little free time (or more like free hand time) you have with a 2 month old. But this cute baby is totally worth it...Isn't she?

Livie and I were brave enough to venture down to St. George for a girls' weekend a couple weekends ago. We met up with all the Oregon law wives. I sure love those girls. We had such a fabulous time staying up late chatting, shopping, getting pedicures. (Thanks again girls and mega thanks to Liz for being willing to carpool with a 2 month old). Before...After... We had a blast. I was so nervous to see how Livie would handle the trip, but she was an absolute angel as usual. I couldn't believe it, but she slept the entire drive both to and from St. George. Sure do love that baby girl.

Next was Thanksgiving. I had my Mom, George, Nathan and Leigh Anne all out at my place. We started the morning off with my traditional turkey trot. I meant to push Livie in the stroller, but it was 7 degrees outside. So, I dropped her off at my neighbors, and we all double bundled for the run without her. I am happy to report that with the help of my brother I was able to maintain a 9 min 20 sec pace for the 4 mile course. I know that's not much to brag about, but I did just have a baby 2 months ago, so I'm proud of it.We all bundled up again the day after Thanksgiving and hit the lights at temple square. Then, the Sunday after Thanksgiving we blessed Livie in church. Derek gave a beautiful blessing. Livie wore my Mom's christening gown from when she was a baby which was so neat. And, yes that is the edge of my Christmas tree in that picture. It's real and smells so piney and Christmasy in my living room.This week was my first week back at work. I'm only working 1-5pm usually two, but sometimes 3 days a week. I thought I'd be totally fine, but I seriously cried myself to sleep the night before I had to go back to work. Then, I cried the whole next morning. My roomate from college, Debbie, who lives just a few blocks away is watching Livie when I work. I showed up on her doorstep Monday afternoon with puffy red eyes and handed over my precious baby girl and then cried the whole way to work. Once I got there, I was fine and remembered how much I love being a PA. But once work was over, I couldn't wait to pick up my girl, and I didn't put her down all night. Today went better. I didn't even cry after (or before) dropping her off. I'm so grateful that my boss is letting me work SO part time because I don't think I could bare to be away from her any more than 8 or 12 hours a week. So as you can see...we have been busy. More later!

7 comments:

ashley said...

So cute! She was precious on her blessing day! I'm feeling really jealous of your close proximity to Deb... but maybe not jealous enough to take the plunge and move there. Although there has been talk of applying to the VA in SL for residency. We'll see.

Lizzy said...

I'm glad you blogged because I've been meaning to email you to see how the crazy busy weekend went. Looks like you pulled through!

It was so fun to see you at the girl's weekend. I still can't get over how cute and perfect Olivia is! Just adorable!!

Christi said...

I am sooo glad that you came for the weekend. Livie was sooo good and super cute!!!
I totally cried like that when I dropped Reagan off too :) At least you love what you are doing. She is soooo stinking cute.
Oh and I would be way bragging about that race. Good Job!

Heather said...

She is darling, Chelsea!

JAC said...

Livie is every bit as wonderful as Chelsea describes. She is the best baby ever! We sure enjoyed being with her over Thanksgiving!

Emily said...

UGH that picture with the pacifier is more than I can handle.

I can't believe you ran 4 miles and just had a baby. I hate/worship you.

It was so fun to see you Chels, you always make me laugh and I just love your baby to pieces!

LeaAnne said...

You look Great!
You little girlie is BEAUTIFUL!!
Congratulations on all the fun you have been up too! :)