Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Post About Derek (for a change)


Derek had the big 30th birthday last week, and I'm finally posting some pics. I wish I could have done something more elaborate. I mean after all, he's 30. That's a big one right? However, with Livie taking all of my time, it wasn't as big as I hoped. We celebrated with a bunch of Derek's friends at Red Robin for dinner. Livie had a blow out. It got all over her outfit and mine. Then, she basically took a bath with baby wipes in the Red Robin bathroom.

After that, we came back to our place for cake. The big thing was that I made an ice cream cake all by myself (actually with loads of help from my friend Deb who used to make ice cream cakes for Coldstone--thanks a ton Deb!) It was yummy...I should have taken a picture of a slice. It was mint chocolate chip ice cream, with a layer of chocolate cake, another layer of mint chocolate chip, and a bottom layer of brownies. We used cool whip as frosting because Derek doesn't like frosting and then decorated with Andies mints and health toffee bits. Okay, so the decorating part was a little weak but I take full responsibility. At least it tasted great!And just to prove that Derek is 30, but not that old... the day before his birthday he and all his buddies won yet another championship. Fall softball.And because I can't resist to say a few things about Livie and I...Livie is almost 10 pounds now, and I after 2 months off have finally been able to get back into jogging. When I take a break like that, I always realize how much I really do love to run. I know call me crazy, but I just really love it, and I love my little jogging stroller so Livie can come with. We've been going for a run each day and sometimes the 30 year old tries to keep up.

2 comments:

emily+brett said...

30! wowza! keep up the good work running. you're a heck of a lot better than me!

JAC said...

Impressive cake, Chelsea!