
The news is...another normal non-stress test, another ultrasound yesterday which was pretty good except placenta looked "gnarly" (in the words of the ultrasound tech), and an appointment today.
Drum roll please...I was at a 2 almost 3 and 80% effaced!!! I was just thrilled with anything other than 1 (which is where I have been for weeks).
I blame it on yesterday. Yesterday I could not breathe. This baby and uterus are encroaching on my lungs. I walk around all day arching my back and trying to breathe through pursed lips. I'm sure my patients get a kick out of this. Yesterday I was done!!! I was going to have the baby so I could breathe.
So, I came home from work, paced up and down the stairs, did loads of laundry, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, made dinner, went outside in the garden and picked all kinds of stuff...and it went on and on until first one foot then the other cramped into painful charlie horse cramps that would not let up. At that point, I surrendered, hobbled to bed, and there I stayed for the rest of the night. So my plan totally backfired...I did not go into labor. All I did was exhaust myself and get super sore. Very disappointing. But, its all worth it today because I'm dilating!!!!
Anyways, the big news is that due to "gnarly" placenta. I get to try to go into labor for the next few days, but if I don't go into labor by Wednesday, September 15th (less than one week away) my doc is inducing me (hurray...except not exactly what I was hoping for).
Thought I'd recap the pregnancy a little since it's almost over. So, this pregnancy....
- I threw up a total of 8 times
- Consumed about 20 Jamba Juices
- Probably 10 Costco smoothies
- And another 10 McDonalds smoothies
- Finished off 2 bottles of TUMS
- 1 Bottle of Maalox
- 1 bottle of vitamin B6
- 2 boxes of Unisom
- 4 bottles prenatal vitamins (don't get me started on how many bottles of prenatal vitamins I went through while waiting to get pregnant)
- I increased through 3 different bra sizes
- Was blessed with 5 massages
- 1 pedicure
- Had 6 ultrasounds
- 3 non-stress tests
- Made 5-6 stops at Roberts (a store I never frequented before this...baby has inspired craftiness I guess)
- Used 5 target gift cards
- 3 Babies R Us gift cards
- 1 Walmart gift card
- Had 5 baby showers
- Used at least a zillion gallons of water for all my bathroom trips
- And you'll have to ask Derek about how many episodes of crying for no good reason (I've lost count-- almost daily now).
9 comments:
Pregnancy does rule... smoothies, showers, massages, pedicures...dang...sign me up!
Can't wait Chels, she's coming so soon!!
Chelse--you are hilarious! It's a gift having the ability to bring humor to some challenging parts of pregnancy.
Aunt Kylie is on the way, hooray!
xoxo
Oh the smoothies...I love the list. You are coming to the end, YAY! Congrats on dilating. I know every minute/day seems so long when you want the baby here but it will come before you know it. I can't wait for you.
You are too funny. I'm excited for you to get your body back - you're going to love it!
Fun!!! I didn't get massages (not professional anyway) and I'm still waiting for a pedicure! When I measured what you are my water broke about 5 days later so it could still happen. I'm in such a mood to hold a newborn so hope she comes soon!
ha ha ha pregnancy is awesome isn't it? NOT! But hey - 5 massages? that IS awesome!
I can't believe you are so close! I can't wait to see her and hear how it goes. love you guys!
Yay! Can't wait to see this baby, maybe multiple times now that she'll be coming on time. And being induced can be wonderful! But I hope it all goes just the way you imagine it.
just wait till they put that little angel in yours arms... it's so worth every pain every ache every tear.... i am praying for you!!!
Chelsea, loved your "accounting." Your baby will be blessed with a mom with a sense of humor...something you'll definitely need about 12 years from now!
Post a Comment