Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update

Ob appointment today. I was just hoping that there would be some change in the dilation to give me hope that this baby will indeed come out. No such luck still at a 1. However, things have definitely changed.

Last appointment I was 35 weeks. This week I'm 37 weeks. Last week my fundal height was 36 cm this week it measured 34 cm. What? So, then my doctor thinks we better do an ultrasound. I was all for it. On ultrasound they see that my fluid levels are low (which would explain the smaller fundal height). Baby girl is measuring two weeks behind. Although the doctor said these late ultrasounds are not too accurate and can be off plus or minus a week.

So now I earned myself a non-stress test on Saturday. And, I go back in for another ultrasound on Tuesday and then I'll get to visit with my doc again to see what the game plan is. You know...no one asked me but I could tell you exactly where the fluid levels went. I have been peeing them out every two hours all night now for weeks!!!

Anyways, not what I expected to have happen at my appointment today, and now they got me a little more nervous. I'll definitely be counting my kicks, and I'm sitting here drinking so much fluid that tonight I'll probably be up every hour instead of every two. However, baby is kicking as I type so she must be fine. Just a waiting game until Tuesday for now. Has anyone else had low fluid levels? If so, please leave me a reassuring comment about how my little in vitro baby will be just fine.

6 comments:

Kurt & Jen said...

Chels- I had low fluid levels with Cannon. When I was 5 days overdue they did an ultrasound and saw I had low fluids so they induced. I'm sure your little girl will be just fine!!

ashley said...

I know lots of people who had low fluids and the end of their pregnancy was very normal and low-key, even if they did go in for a few extra screenings and tests. Plus, aren't you glad you are now being monitored and your doctors are taking extra precautions? Be grateful for a cautious physician, and keep doing kick counts regularly. You'll do great! Can't believe this pregnancy is almost done and I'm so excited to meet your little bundle! (And then scold her for the low fluids and making you worry...)

Christi said...

I feel for you Chelsea! I am sure it will be ok. Remember when they told me Reagan was going to have trisomy 18 and she is fine. And then Alice had low levels on her kidney's (I am not sure if that is the same thing) but I had to do stress tests and all that jazz and she came 2 weeks early and was find. A little tiny, but perfect. I can't wait to see pictures! Relax and as much as you can!!!!!

Danielle said...

You don't know me, so this might be a little weird. I was blog hopping off of Aimee's page and found you. First, Congratulations! Second, I lost weight at the end of my pregnancy and my fundal height dropped due to fluid and a deteriorating placenta. Be assured, I was induced at 39 weeks 4 days and delivered a very healthy 8 lb 7 oz girl. I'm sure that everything will be just fine with you - and if by chance they find you have to be induced, you made it to at least 37 weeks!!! You and your baby girl will be great!

Danielle said...

You don't know me, so this might be a little weird. I was blog hopping off of Aimee's page and found you. First, Congratulations! Second, I lost weight at the end of my pregnancy and my fundal height dropped due to fluid and a deteriorating placenta. Be assured, I was induced at 39 weeks 4 days and delivered a very healthy 8 lb 7 oz girl. I'm sure that everything will be just fine with you - and if by chance they find you have to be induced, you made it to at least 37 weeks!!! You and your baby girl will be great!

BrittKeele said...

Chels! I do AFI/NST exams all the time at the OBGYN office I work for. It's good that they're monitoring you to keep an eye on the fluid and activity of the baby. Besides drinking gallon after gallon of water, getting rest can help the fluid level. I know you're a busy girl, but rest as much as you can. So excited for you :)