Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Non-stress tests and ultrasounds and ob appointments

I have been to the doctor every other day since Thursday. I feel like I did at the beginning of my pregnancy after in vitro. I was getting ultrasounds and blood work ALL THE TIME.

So the results are in: Non-stress test baby passed with flying colors. Kinda fun actually. I got to lay in the hospital bed listening to my baby girl's heartbeat and sipping on cran-grape juice (which was delectable). Ultrasound on Monday was good. Fluid levels went from 6.8 to 8.5 and the baby girl showed a few days of growth. So today at my appointment, the doctor seemed to think all this was good. He figures we just continue to watch and wait for now as long as she continues to grow.

Still at a 1!!!! However, the doc was nice and said, "if you make it through this weekend...lets do another non-stress test over the weekend. And, next week another appointment and ultrasound." He's a little more hopeful than me. I have a feeling I'll make it through the weekend and next weekend and the next. I'm starting to feel like I'll be pregnant forever.

Anyways, thanks for all the concern and well wishes. Seems like things are still looking good for now.

2 comments:

ashley said...

I'm so glad! And all good things do come to an end - no worries, you'll have a baby to hold soon enough. Don't forget to enjoy your alone time before baby comes!

Christi said...

Yeah! I am glad to hear that everything is going well!!! Get all the sleep you can now :)