
I know, I know. I haven't posted in such a long time. But, I have been going non-stop. It all started with a trip to Chicago to visit my Mom the week before we moved into our new house. The big deal of the trip was getting to see a perfect game at the Kaminsky park.

And, my lucky uncle got to join us for the game.

Immediately following the game, Derek called everyone he knew to brag. This lasted all weekend. My uncle was also on cloud nine and has since sent us all sorts of White Sox paraphernalia. The Cub's fan in me would like to throw it all away, but Derek won't let me. He wants to hang it on our wall!!! White Sox stuff right next to my Cub's stuff. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that is breaking some cardinal rule- right?!?
We got home and started feverishly packing to move to our new home. We've now been here about a month. I know you are all dying to see pictures, but I am the worst photographer and haven't gone around to make a photographic tour yet. But, we love our new home and being homeowners (well, except for yard work and all the recent increased expenses). Our new ward is the best. The neighbors have all been super welcoming.
I did take a before and after picture of one room. This was the yellow room. It was literally school bus yellow.


Luckily, my little brother came to visit. And, in between hiking and hanging out, he and his girlfriend helped us paint the yellow school bus room. He said he wanted to come see my new house and that he and his girlfriend wanted to paint a room. I knew exactly what room needed to be painted. Here is the after picture. A dramatic improvement, in my opinion.

The color is a much more relaxing light gray-blue. It's supposed to be the office, as you may have already guessed by the furnishing. Maybe not captured in this photograph as I wish, but I already told you I'm not the best photographer.
Aside from this, we have weeding, gardening, picking apples and making apple pie from our apple tree, cleaning, un-packing, and buying all the things new home owners need (furniture, lawnmower, hoses, etc.) It may be a while again until I get to post. I'm two weeks away from the marathon and Derek has just been lost to the world of college football. Wish me luck with both!
10 comments:
Steve says he's sad Derek didn't call him seeing as how he's the biggest white sox fan ever! We were pretty excited around here about that game, and WAY jealous that you got to be there to witness it. That's like a once in a lifetime thing...LUCKY!
I want to see more pics of your house!
You picked a great color, looks good. It makes the carpet look so much nicer than it did in the yellow-wall picture.
I'll commiserate the loss of husbands to football with you, and best of luck with the end of your marathon training!
Congrats on becoming a homeowner! It really is so nice to know that all that money you're paying every month is going toward your mortgage instead of someone else's mortgage :-)
Good luck in the marathon. You're looking awesome girl!
COngrats on the new house (and apparantly that game). I can't wait to see it. Why no pictures of the house? Love the one before and after shot though.
Congrats on the new house. That is super exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of it.
Part of the experience of becoming home owners for our family has been the what in the world were they doing with this game.
So it looks like that room provides a good what in the world were they doing opportunity. Perhaps they were color blind so they figured what's the point of using red or green. Or maybe they were school bus drivers and liked to take their work home with them.
If I had to do any kind of office work in that room before it was painted, it would be so manic. Geez just about any color choice would have been an improvement, but I like what you went with. Now you can relax and enjoy it.
But school buses eminate such relaxing experiences . . . I think it would only enhance work in an office.
Yeah for mortgages!
How did you marathon go today?! We ran a half today and I thought about you because I saw on your blog a few days ago that you were doing the full thing on the same day. (I didn't have a chance to comment at the time.) =) Too bad the BYU game's not going so well right now (they're still playing as I'm typing...maybe a miracle will happen?)
marathon, what marathon are you running? good luck!! if it the st. george marathon then i will see you there!
aww, chelse you look cute in ball caps:)
Post a Comment