I'm not entirely sure if that is boob sweat or spit that just missed the ground. Either way it is pretty gross, but the take home message is the same. I finished my marathon! This was about a week ago, and I may be plagiarizing by stealing this photo without paying for it. But, I totally left my camera in the car which was no where near the finish line and I had to prove to you that I did it. Plus, you know didn't photo shop this because if I had, I for sure would have photo shopped out the boob sweat.
Here's an action photo. Didn't know I run holding my fingers like they are guns. But, good to know.
Here I am crossing the finish line.
And, here I am 2 seconds after crossing the finish line. The face says it all. Right there I was wondering what I was thinking when I signed up for a marathon and how in the world anyone ever does more than one of those.So, there you have it...now you know it's real. I finished in 4 hrs and 16 minutes, but I decided I get to subtract 5 minutes for the time I waited for my running partner Lindsay in the porta-potty lines during the race.
Now that it has been a few days and I can walk normally again, I actually do think I could do an other one. Maybe. It was a lot of fun. Mile 18-24 were definitely the hardest. Something about getting to mile 18 and 20 where I had previously stopped and thinking I still have 8 miles to go!?! That was a hard realization to come to, but by mile 24 it felt like it was all down here from here (although it was really all up hill from there- RUDE!). I took 5 runner's gu packets during the race, and I think they saved me. That, and walking through the water stations. Otherwise, I didn't walk at all. Anyways, I've always wanted to run a marathon and now, I can say I have.
I have also been decorating my house for Halloween. That's right me decorating! This is my first go at it, so don't make fun. And, I have been drying apples like crazy. My apple tree is in full force. If you live near by please come get apples, or pears, or plums-- I have more than I can handle. I thought I'd post some pictures of my first attempt at decorating and in turn give you all a few more pictures of the new abode.
KITCHEN
MASTER BATHROOM
So there you have it. Of course, I still have more I should take pictures of. But, I figure if I just give you a few pictures at a time it will force you all to keep checking my blog in anticipation.
11 comments:
I love so many things about all of these pictures - namely, the new basement furniture. When I first saw the fingers like a gun running picture, I thought, "Yep, that's totally what Chel looks like when she runs." Good technique - my coach used to always tell us to hold our fingers loose so we aren't tensing up our arm muscles. Good work. And I love the bathroom decor as well. Cute house, Chel! You're such a closet decorator - who knew?!
WAY TO GO CHELS!!! I still don't quite understand running marathons, especially more than one but I am way impressed. That is huge. Love the stolen pics and the boob sweat.
Love your house! I wish I could come get some apples. It looks fabulous. It is overwhelming to get a new house and want to decorate it all at once. I know I am frustrated with that. But it looks like it is coming along and looks fabulous!
Love the boob sweat!!! I am so jealous that you ran a marathon! That is so awesome! I love your pictures of the house it looks great. Love the decorations!
You go girl...I had no idea you were training for a marathon. Amazing!
I love your house!!!
Way to Go- you did it!
Your house looks BEAUTIFUL and you two totally deserve it... All your hard work. i like your shower curtain.
And no I don't know what kind of apples those are but they are prettier than mine- mine are a little worm infested...
That is awesome! A marathon, I'm jealous. Maybe someday for now I'm into triathlons. Love the house. We need to get together sometime soon.
Congrats on finishing the marathon! Wow! I am very impressed in anyone who is even willing to sign up for something like that. Your house is beautiful! It would have been so nice to see you when you came to Chicago but we were in Nevada visiting my family the whole time you were here. Sounds like you had fun though!
You are my hero! I am so impressed that you ran a marathon! Congrats on the house, yeah!!!
Congrats on the marathon and I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!! I wish I could leave tomorrow to come and stay at your adorable brand new spankin house!
Chelse, it looks like it could maybe be drool, not boob sweat. It is such a weird spot that unless you were lactating...it does not make sense. He he. The pictures of your home are amazing! I love the interior design! You have become a crafty artist! I miss you so much looking at all your pictures. I hope I get to see you this Christmas. :) xoxo
Love the new place chels and can't wait to come see it in person!
Post a Comment