Saturday, August 27th:
- Arrive in New York and fight our way through the subways with our suitcases.
- By the time we got to our hotel, we had time to enjoyed the view and then crashed
Sunday, August 28th:
- Sacrament meeting with what would have been our ward if we had moved out there-- seems like a super cool ward
- Mets vs. Astros game (don't judge us for going to a baseball game on Sunday...the devil aka Derek made me do it)
- Walked around Greenwich village, saw the NYU law school, what could have been our apartment complex, and did a little shopping (which was also fabulous)
- Went to the top of the Empire State building to see the view
- Hit up the United Nations Headquarters where they had the funniest sculpture of a twist gun (which I found so fitting for the UN)
- Dropped by St. Patrick's Catheral
- Walked around Grand Central Station, the Rockefeller Center, and Time Square
- Saw a small portion of Central Park (my absolute favorite part of NY)
- Hit up Serendipity for some Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
- Ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty--we found some family records at Ellis Island in their data bases which was really neat
- Yankees vs. Red Sox Game (that's right--there is so much to see in New York and some how Derek convinced me to go to two baseball games?)
Wednesday, August 27th:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art- the roof garden was so cool--they have this sculpture of a balloon poodle
- Spent more time walking around Central Park--we rented a row boat and rowed ourselves around the lake
- Little Italy/Chinatown
- Caught Legally Blonde the musical- not the best musical I've ever seen but it was definitely interesting seeing it in musical form
Thursday, August 28th:
- St. Paul's Chapel-oldest building still in use in New York, George Washington had a pew there
- Trinity Church
- Wall St/The US Stock Exchange
- Federal Hall- where George Washington was inaugurated as President. It was our nation's first capital before Washington DC.
- Theodore Roosevelt's Birthplace- was actually really neat, and Derek really enjoyed it. They have all kinds of artifacts from his life in a museum and the house is put together exactly the way it was when he was born there with mostly original furniture.
- Then, we sadly packed our bags and headed for home in Utah (because we really do live there even though we've hardly been there long enough to unpacked our house).
As you can see, we had a great time. We saw everything and yet almost nothing at the same time. There was still so much that we wanted to see, but didn't get to. So we are already planning our must sees for our next trip to New York.
20 comments:
Sounds way cool Chels! I'm glad you had a good time and weren't too sad not to be staying forever.
Wow, that looks like so much fun. Can I come with you next time?? I wish. It looks like you guys got to really see the place. How fun!! Welcome back to Utah.
Dang Chels, you guys saw a lot for the short time you were there! Way cool! Central Park is so awesome. And the view from your hotel room was incredible!
Oh, and super fun that you went to 2 baseball games!
Sounds Jam packed to me! NYC is awesome and next time you go, we'll be there! (oh wait, did I just invite myself...shoot!)
Oh my gosh - there is so much culture in that City! Are you absolutely exhausted now? Sounds like you were go...go...go...the whole time! I'd love to go there some day.
SO glad you made it to NY, even if the stay was a few months shorter than previously planned. And we were in the same time zone for like a week! And you were wearing dangly earrings in like every picture... do you wear earrings? I don't remember that. Whoa, Chel, you're so adult. And way cute, oh by the way. Good luck at the new job next week. Call me if you get a chance, it's been awhile.
Looks like you guys had a good time!!! That frozen chocolate looks delicious!!!!
Chelsea, you look so cute in your skirts. At first glance, it looks like you're reading your scriptures at the Mets game. :-)
Also, I'm totally jealous about the visit to Theodore Roosevelt's house. I can see why Derek liked it so much, having just read that book.
It's so funny how much more you can accomplish without kids. We only went for a few hours on a Saturday - but we had two two-year olds with us!! It was hilarious and fun though. :) I'm glad that you got to catch a home in Yankee stadium. ;)
Looks like so much fun Chels! I love NY. I am dying to go again! You look so darling in your pics with your earrings and skirts. I love it! I can't wait to see you next month!!
Oh my gosh I am so jealous! What an awesome trip! I'm sorry that you didn't get to stay for a year but then you might get sick of it. I love all the pictures, you look so cute!
So that's what it's like to travel without kids!! It just looks amazing. For some reason, I love the golden poodle balloon sculpture. What a vacation!
I too had to do the close up on the baseball pic to figure out what you were reading. You should have just slipped the Ensign in front for the pic and then say you were doing missionary work or something.
Hey, I was a high school classmate of Dereks and was seeing how you guys are doing. We're headed to NYC next week and was wondering if you had any advice for us on places to go and not to go and anything else. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
How neat! You're making me want to go visit. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.
wow. what a fun trip- it looks like you had a blast! just think- now that derek has a job you can afford to go on more trips and see more cool cities! =)
Going out on Sunday? Isn't that good training now that you will be a Utah Mormon?
I am KIDDING. I just say that out of jealousy because I wanna go to NYC.
I'm glad you had fun!!
Way to hit the pavement girl. Wow! You fit a lot in and I can only imagine how crazy it is to think you might have lived that daily. Just think about all the money you're saving/making and how much more of NY you can enjoy this way. :)
I'm totally jealous. I would give anything for an awesome NYC vacation!! You guys look like a honeymoon couple in all those pics!
Wow...you really did it all. I only wish that you came while we were there, one day we will meet:)
I'm jealous! I've never been to NYC but Brad swears he'll take me there someday. Ah,... someday!
Post a Comment