Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brain Dead


I just spent 6 hours in a testing center taking my boards (just a teeny little exam testing me over everything I ever learned in PA school- and all the stuff I never learned in PA school- all at once). I feel officially brain dead. I am now home sitting on my couch wondering what to do now. After weeks of stressing and spending every free second trying to cram information into my brain, it feels so weird that I am sitting here with free time, and I don't have to study. In fact, I don't even think I have anything I could study. It's weird to think that I am just done studying. I have been going to school for so long and have always had some assignment or distant test that I could be working on. It seems too surreal to have nothing to study.

So, I thought I would share Chelsea's secret to passing (or not passing- we'll find out in a few weeks which it is) major exams:

1) Benadryl the night before. I have spent way too many nights before a big exam trying to answer questions in my head all night long rather than actually sleeping. Last night (post Benadryl), I konked out without any trouble by about 10:30 pm and slept straight through til the morning.

2) Breakfast: Raisin Bran and cantaloupe. Who ever said Wheaties was the "breakfast of champions" was so wrong. P.S. I must also add that every time I say anything about cantaloupe to Derek he without fail says, "We can't elope you watermelon head." He's a dork, and I love him for it.

3) Mama Mia sound track on the way up to the testing center. Love love love it! Survey (according to me) says: singing Dancing Queen at the top of your lungs at 7am raises test scores by at least 15%.

4) Lunch: Lunchable. Remember those from elementary school? I am pretty sure processed circles of turkey and cheese are the best brain food there is. Plus, they through in a Capri sun and some skittles! And let me tell you... I was really tasting the rainbow.

So even though my brain feels like mush, and I honestly have no clue whether I passed the dang thing or not...I'm pretty hopefully for a good outcome with the above mentioned regimen.

17 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats on being done. I am sure that you passed with flying colors. I mean with a regimen like that how could you not!

Emily said...

Dang Chelsea...you need to celebrate big time. Yay for being done and never having to study again (that is, as long as the benadryl and lunchable did their job, which I'm sure they did)!! Of course you passed, you're a genius! A trip to Vegas and some girl time is just what you need to celebrate!

Blog said...

Hope you are done for good! Those secrets will come in handy for Derek in a few months!

carizolli said...

*woohoo* you're DONE! Ohmigoodness...I'll tell you what to do with your newly acquired free time: Go rollerskating! Oooh...rollerskating to Dancing Queen would be the ultimate!

Lizzy said...

Lunchables! I really thought I was the stuff when I brought lunchables to school. The good old days...

I've never tried Benadryl for falling asleep, but there are some nights when Tylenol PM is just called for. Love the stuff. Especially when I was pregnant with Ben.

And I'm sure you passed that exam. That test doesn't stand a chance against you!

PJ Productions said...

I have been thinking about you and I'm glad your boards are over. Now you can start reading Breaking Dawn! I hope you go out to eat somewhere fun. Cafe Rio sounds good to me. I wish I was in PG right now.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it's over for you. I'm sure you did great. We miss you here in Oregon. Do you think trying your test taking secrets will help me have this baby any sooner?

Chelsea said...

Okay, so after I finished my exam, a screen popped up on the computer saying I would receive am email notification of my scores in 2-3 weeks. This morning, when I checked my email, I had an email notification telling me my score and (drum roll please)....I PASSED!!!

So, now we know the regimen works. And, not only does it help you perform well, but by following my regimen to the T you can see results in just one day! Call 1-800-LUNCHABLE and get result you can see in just one day!

Ilene said...

How about I just do your regimen and skip PA school altogether?

I should pass the boards, right?

SJZ said...

Congrats Chelsea! That's awesome!! I am already thinking about boards and I still have a bout a year -I'm so afraid I won't be ready! Hope the job is going well!!Shoot me an email and let me know how it's going!

Mary said...

So about tasting that rainbow . . .

Girl you are cracking me up! Time to just read a book on a couch rather than in line!

And Derek has to be the funniest man alive. I'm going to save that one up for Nick. Love it!

PJ Productions said...

Hurray! I knew you had it in the bag! Now you can really go celebrate.

Alifinale said...

YAY! You passed! That does sound like a fool proof regimen. I mean Raisin Bran does wonders for your digestive system, why not your test scores? So when are you coming down to play?

Garcia's said...

Congrats! You're done. good for you.
But I am curious. What did you use to study? What books/review books did you find helpful. I'm going to have to take mine soon.
Suz

Tamara said...

I am sure that you did great but keep us posted!!

Jen said...

I love lunchables! My favorite are the pizza ones. good job. I am way proud of you!

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Chelsea! This is huge! I mean HUGE! Way to go. That is a big thing off your shoulders. Congratulations. And, your regime sounds like a perfect one. Good luck!