Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm a Stay-at-home Mom!


(At least I sort of feel that way right now) . My baby's name is Obstetric Management Post Gastric Bypass Surgery. She is currently 3 paragraphs and 434 words long. I'm not sure what percentile that puts her in.

When I'm not baby tending, I enjoy running, lifting weights, discovering new recipes, shopping, surfing the web, reading, teaching, and cleaning the house. Unfortunately, I currently do much more of all those things than baby tending. Hence I only have 3 paragraphs after an entire week of being at home. But, my house is clean, I'm making some great meals, and I've been exercising way more than usual!

I have really enjoyed getting to join the Mom-and-me groups, the Moms aerobics class on Tuesday mornings at the church gym (taught by the most fabulous aerobics instructor- The One, The Only...Kristine Fuller!!!), and we will soon be starting a Mom and baby/babies hiking group as well. However, unlike most of the other Moms who attend these groups, I leave my baby at home which is also contributing to the current amount (or lack there of) of paragraphs.

Who ever said being a stay at home Mom wasn't fun? So far it's the best (minus the baby part). I wish I could find a way to love my baby as much as all of you do.

14 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is hilarious. I find when I get breaks and "me time" from the little one, it makes me a better mom. I'm more loving and patient. So really, you're doing your child a service by spending so much time with the other moms. Keep it up!

Christi said...

This post is awesome. I love it! You really are a great stay at home mom.

Tara said...

This post IS awesome! Chelsea you are hilarious. I only wish I was with you so that we could have a playgroup. Although, I must admit I am not sure if Drew would have very much fun with your kid. :)

miss you lots!

Jen said...

Good one Chels, you crack me up! I absolutely love that you are a stay-at-home mom with me! I just wish your baby didn't grow up so fast and left your loving arms so soon! Shouldn't they give you a year or something to turn in a paper like that?

ashley said...

Umm, I'm offended.

Please add "Talking on the phone to Ashley" to your list of things you do as a new SAHM... and keep calling! We've got to live it up with the free phone calls as long as we can -- there's been talk of switching providers at the end of this contract. Eeek!

Ilene said...

I wish I could leave my babies at home every now and again...

Becky said...

Chels -- you were always good at busting out your paper. Do it now! Get it done quick, then come visit me for the rest of the summer. I love that plan. Hilarious post.

LeaAnne said...

I ALWAYS like to leave my little friends at home.. SO I say good for you;)
Great post!

lindsay said...

I think you should consider a side career as a writer. I've just been catching up on your blog. Congrats on finishing rotations and to Derek graduating. I think I cried through all of Paul's graduation. There is so much work and sacrifice involved for everyone. Good luck on deciding where to go next. I would highly suggest New York - especially if your baby is still three paragraphs long.

Mary said...

Sounds like you're really jumping into your new roll! Clever Chelsea. So clever!

Aleena said...

I am glad that you have gotten to experience live as a SAHM. You want to trade kids?

Aimeeable said...

But does your baby keep you up at night? If your darling is going through a growth spurt (and it sounds like it might need to happen soon) you can kiss all your sleep (and sanity) goodbye. Good luck new SAHM!

Lindsay said...

I am handing in my last revision on Thursday. Bet your jealous. My email is linzad24@yahoo.com

Heidi said...

Where did you get your whit? I need some. You are so funny and entertaining! I loved seeing your pics from San Antonio... i love that city too! We went on a girls trip there a couple years ago, and it was so much fun! Congrats to Derek for graduating! coolness! and happy 4 years. Tell him hi for me...