- Slipped down the stairs at Mac Court. Luckily, only the ticket guards saw me. I was so embarrassed that I haven't even told anyone yet (not even my husband), but better here than anywhere...right? This way, I can tell everyone at once which may be less painful.
- Spilled salsa from my lunch casadilla all over my shirt. Fortunately, my work day was already over.
- Stubbed my toe at the pool trying while swimming laps and trying to perform a flip turn. I obviously don't really know how to perform a flip turn.
- Missed pretty much every basket while playing some b-ball with friends at the church court.
- Kicked over a glass of water onto the floor that I had strategically placed in a location to avoid knocking it over.
- Burned my fingers twice in one meal preparation time. Once on the inside of the oven that I brushed the back of my hand against. And then again while trying to take off the metal top of the roast pan, which had been in the oven and was therefore obviously HOT, with my bare hand.
- Without fail, managed to pick out the most left-straying shopping cart at Winco, which in turn led to many run-ins with multiple poor, frightened Winco shoppers. They should put up a warning sign with my picture on it. WARNING: FOR YOUR SAFETY, IF YOU ARE GOING DOWN THE SAME ISLE AS THIS SHOPPER AND SHE HAS A CART IN HER HANDS, TURN AROUND IMMEDIATELY!
- Spilled the contents of dinner twice in this same week on the bottom of my oven, but continued to cook the meal, which has resulted in a permanent burnt smell to my small apartment.
- And, last but not least, managed to create our country's 6th great lake pretty much every night on my bathroom counter as I wash my face.
However, I came home yesturday to the much less aesthetically pleasing sight of a chip in my fruit bowl!!! I enquired after Derek to see if he had any idea how such a tragic occurance could have come about. He at first tried to lie, saying he had no idea and agreed that it was a rather puzzeling situation. However, on more thorough investigation, he finally fessed up that it was indeed he who had chipped my fruit bowl. I, to his probable amazingmet, "kept my cool" you could say. And the reason is this...how could I honestly get angry at him for something I easily could have done myself as is evident by multiple similar tragic occurances I had participated in myself this very week?
12 comments:
Oh my goodness when it rains, it pours! I had to laugh at your Winco Cart story. Is that why it is so cheap there? Do not try anything that would normally be concidered dangerous like sky diving. So do you have a good life insurance policy on yourself? Tygh always liked to point out that when a person dies all their student debt goes away. (Which has made me try and find a way to fake Tygh's death several times). Good thing you have your medical training in case you do something major.
That is so funny Chelsea...hopefully you'll have a break from accidents for awhile. Well, in theory...but we'll see.
I love that he fessed up to the chip in the fruit bowl, but really, he's got nothing on all of your accidents, so go easy on him.
You are so funny!!
Sounds like a rough week. Just put it this way. At least you didn't kill anyone. Bad joke for our area of work.
Amazing grace! I have to laugh because we all have weeks like yours and it is SO much funnier when it happens to someone else.
Chels...you are hilarious and I love that you documented all those events but seriously it doesn't sound that different than an average week for me. I love how you spelled quesadilla too!
Derek, Derek... you gotta turn around the fruit bowl so the chip is outta sight.
I'm happy that you went into the health-care field so you could take care of yourself during such inevitable disasters.
During my first year at BYU, I fell down a flight of stairs at least once a week. It was pathetic and annoying.
I get really clumbsy especially when I'm pregnant...any announcements? HAHA just joking, but I really did fall out of the shower when I was pregnant with Brooke. What a dork I am... At least you know you're not alone.
Sounds like its been a good week. Have you seen the fruit bowls that are a banana hanger and bowl in one? I want to get one of those.
Don't worry, next week it'll be one of us in your shoes! Wait till you get pregnant, you do all kinds of silly things. It's like your brain stops working. And you didn't miss every basket when we played basketball! I distinctly remember at least one ball going through the hoop!
You are so funny! At least you're in the medical field so if anything major happens, you probably know who you can call...911. :)
I hope you have a better week.
Oh how I love the Chelsea! You are so funny. I am so happy that I am not the only clumsy one around here! :)
I love that Derek tried to pretend he didn't chip the bowl. That means that you have done your job because he is scared of the wrath of Chelsea!
you are hilarious. you're definately going to have fantastic bedside manner and laugh with the weirdos you will treat eventually.
Post a Comment