Friday, November 9, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane


All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go. Well, I think so at least. I keep thinking I'm forgetting everything. Yes, that's right. I leave tomorrow at 9:05 am for Circleville, Ohio. My next 6 week rotation is ER, and it's out in Ohio. Straight from my rotation, I am flying to UT for Christmas, then my Mom's in Chicago for her wedding and New Years, then the Dad's in Reno for a few days, and lastly a week long seminar in Portland for school. Then, I will finally after a little over 2 months return to my home sweet home (or bed sweet bed) in Eugene.

Circleville (I have been told) is about 45 minutes south of Columbus. I've heard that people out there refer to it as "The Circle," and that when they are talking about people from "The Circle" it is not necessarily a good thing. I'll fill you in on exactly what that means when I get there.

Derek is sorta freaking out about me leaving. It's been sorta cute though. Every night this week when he got home he wanted to "hang out." He doesn't want me to spend any time with the girls at all which is not that cool, but like I said sorta cute. I'm alright with this because I've been able to go to lunch with the guy twice this week, and last night he took me to see Les Miserables at a local high school (not the greatest performance of Les Mis I've seen, but still fun). He missed his football game to go to the play with me which in my book is next to when pigs fly. So keep your eyes out for flying pork.

I am worried about the integrity of my house. Those of you who live in the area...would you mind checking in occasionally to make sure the apartment is not totally infested with ants, spiders, cockroaches, mice, and whatever else you may expect from the place not being cleaned for 2 months straight. Oh and feed my husband if you would. Derek says he's going to pass around a sign up sheet like the missionaries do for people to feed him. Hmmm, maybe I should make a sign up sheet for people to clean my house!

Anyways, I'll miss all my good buddies in the Eugene area. Look after Derek for me. I'll keep you all posted on exactly what Circleville, OH is like. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

ashley said...

So excited to be in the same time zone as you!! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Chicago Thanksgiving for you guys...

Aleena said...

Good luck Chelsea. You have one of the most interesting lives that I know. I get jelous hearing all the cool things that you get to do! I hope Derek survivs without you!

Becky said...

I'm sad for you, Chelsea! I would hate being away from home for that long, but you're a trooper, and you'll have some fun stories to tell us, I'm sure. GOOD LUCK!!!

Ilene said...

Good luck! I remember living without my husband. It is bearable but stinks. At least you will be consumed with work and you should have more time to blog, right?

Tara will see to Derek for you. I love volunteering other people to help. We may come out for the OSU game and it will be super sad not to have a girls night with you! Gosh, you and Brianne will be gone. Tara and I will just have to take up the slack and eat all the mud pie by ourselves. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I'll miss you while your gone.

Christi said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure!!!! Have fun traveling all around!

Tara said...

I'll miss you Chel! I can't wait to hear about Circleville and the crazy ER!

Alifinale said...

Whoa! That is exciting but hard to be so far away! I know you can make it and I am sure Derek won't starve. Good luck and keep blogging to keep the loneliness away. You are a trooper!

Kari Ann said...

Good luck, sounds like quite the adventure! K, so I guess I am a little behind, what exactly are you going into? Nursing, doctor? Whatever it is I am impressed.

Jen said...

Derek was so funny at the primary program!! He just sat totally stoic, and looked down at the floor everytime he sang a song! And yes, he actually sang!! He did great though, really. He kept the kids under control and it was super cute. Anyway, I hope Ohio is fun. We miss you!