So, I don't know if I got tagged as a cruel joke after my post about how this is my blog and not Derek and Chelsea's blog, but I got tagged. And so, I must write about us. And, I suppose I'll even let Derek throw in his two cents.
1.Where did you meet your husband?
She said: We were in the same ward, but of course I wasn't cute enough for Derek to notice. Instead, he came over to my house with Alex because we were all in Calculus, and they were desperately in need of some tutoring. And I, (being the socialite that I am) even did homework in groups. So, I decided to started a caclulus homework group. They basically came to copy my answers I think.
He said: She was my calculus tutor. Even though I ended up dropping the class, she refused to stop "tutoring me."
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
She said: I think I came in late to the first homework studying session at my house because I had to rush over straight from teaching that semesters first class in the anatomy lab. I walked into my own apartment and everyone was sitting around the table with their books, paper, and calculators. Alex asked how my first class went. I told them I hate the first class because all the "kids" (as I referred to them) just stare at you with these faces like they are totally lost. Then, Derek said something like, "You know why they are really staring at you right?" Trying to make some comment about how I'm gorgeous and they were really all just awestricken by my amazing beauty (as if...he was such a player).
He said: I said some sweet line about how all the guys were checking her out. Who knew that pick up lines actually work.
3. Where was your first date?
She said: One night after the calculus study group, he asked if I was hungry. I said yes, and we went to Sconecutters and then just sat there and talked forever.
He said: What can I say, I'm classy. First date at Sconecutters.
4. Where was your first kiss?
She said: All his roomates were out of town, so we decided to hang out. We were going to go to my cousin's party, but Derek insisted that he was too tired to go to a party, and instead we decided to watch newsies alone at my place (Newsies? I think he had other plans, like I said he was a total player). So, there we are watching Newsies, alone, on my couch. We starting kissing and seconds later my roomates come busting through the door. We both jump apart as if nothing had happened. My roomates knew otherwise.
He said: Chelsea blames the whole first kiss on me; however, that is not true. She seduced me. Her roommates know that.
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
She said: We dated a little over a year and then we were engaged for about two and a half months.
He said: We actually didn't date for a full year. She bailed on me and went to London for a summer. She basically forgot who I was. When she got home she begged me to take her back.
6. Where did you get engaged?
She said: He propsed to me at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I was sorta a terd and ruined the whole thing. I'll let him tell you about that.
He said: Chel and I would often go to the Temple just to chill and talk. So we went to the Temple like normal, but this time she refused to get out of the car. I promised that I would make it worth her while, but she still refused. She was clueless (and still is). She finally got out of the car begrudgingly and I popped the question. Not the most romantic. I set the expectations really low. That is the key. Low expectations.
7. Where did you get married?
She said: We got married at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on May 29th, 2004.
He said: Yep. After the ceremony we only had a few hours before our reception, and we were hungry. So we jumped in the car and went to BurgerKing. Chel could not move that well in her huge wedding dress so we went through the drive through. Like I said, classy.
8. How did the reception go?
She said: Alright. My parents hate each other. This was the first time they were in the same room outside of a courtroom since their divorce. It was a little awkward. Plus, I was bummed about the whole thing. It was supposed to be outside in the Rose Garden at Thanksgiving Point. But, it was cold and windy and my poor Grandmother from Arizona begged me to move it inside. So, we did. I still get a little torn up about it whenever I think about how it was supposed to be in the rose garden.
He said: Chel still can't look at roses without thinking about the dang Rose Garden. They are just flowers.
9. How was the honeymoon?
She said: We went to Oahu, Hawaii. We stayed at the Turtle Bay resort which was beautiful. Plus, we ran into one of Derek's old mission friends at the front desk, and he gave us enough free coupons for the breakfast buffet to go every morning we were there. Overall the trip was fun, except for the entire day we had to spend at the Polynesian Cultural Center (from the time it opened until it closed). I was a little tired of the place by the end...plus, we were on our honeymoon for goodness sake!!! And, I could totally think of something else I would have rather been doing.
He said: Honeymoon was great. She sure has changed her tune in regards to her last sentence.
And, I'm not going to TAG anyone because I myself don't really like to be tagged. And, Heather and Tara just so you know...I do intend to respond to your tags at some point.
11 comments:
I'm a little offended that you didn't even mention how my fantastic friendship was the reason he came over to get calc help. Seriously, Chels, it was all because of me. Okay, maybe not.
I love it Chels! This is hilarious - I love to hear from both of your sides. I love that you kissed while watching Newsies and that your first date was at Sconecutters. You guys were such zoobies!
That is so funny! I love it and I love the picture of you two as well!
Ah, the day we walked in on Derek and Chel watching... wait, was that Newsies? We were positive something must have been going on, what with all the fidgeting on the couch when we burst into the apartment. The beginnings of true love, no less.
Who knew Derek was such a player? I'm totally laughing out loud at your answers. I may have to do this with John. If only I could convince him...
So cute! I'm jealous you went to Hawaii on your honeymoon, and I love that you went through the drive through on your wedding day. YOu know, there are other things to do to kill time before the reception...
Who would have thought...Derek, a player?? And BurgerKing? What's that about? At least we went and got Schlotzky's! I think they were a little soggy by the time we got to them, but that's beside the point. And really, the Polynesian Center? Hello? Much more fun to be had in the hotel room!!! Thanks for sharing your story. Too cute!!
This is HILARIOUS! I love hearing both sides of the story...it sounds exactly like Craig and me!I think this is the first time I've ever even seen what Derek looks like! Anyway, I loved this post...very entertaining reading! Way too much to relate to...
Ok this is hilarious! I wonder if I could ever get Raleigh to play this game. Don't feel bad about Burger King, Ral and I stopped at Carl's Jr on the way to our hotel. A girl's gotta eat!
hooray! I'm so glad to have found you too! looks like you're going to be a doctor?! WHere are you going to graduate school? We live in South Bend, IN. Paul is finishing a Master's in Architechture at Notre Dame. (thank goodness he will be done in May because I've got to get out of here.) We lived in Rome from Jan to May and then did some traveling over the summer, but we're back in our ridiculously big house and having a good time. (it's ridiculously big because no one wants to live here and the housing market is really cheap.) So glad to catch up with you. I love blogs!
lindsay jo
Hey friend, I need something new from you. Not that I don't love the picture of you and Derek, but I haven't heard from you in forever and I need some news from Chelsea-land. And we missed you at Bunko!!
Post a Comment