Friday, July 4, 2025

4th of July

 We had Kylie, Jordan, Emma, Dean, Ava and Poppi out to celebrate 4th of July with us.  We hiked up to upper falls and played at the splash pad.  

We got a spa day in:

It was great to have them out and spent time with cousins; however, it ended traumatically.  Everyone was planning to go to stadium of fire to watch Rascal Flats and I was gonna put the babies to bed.  Unfortunately, after I dropped off Kylie and Camden and her two littles at Stephanie’s house near the stadium, I was backing out to park Derek’s truck and Dean ran back to the truck without any of us knowing.  I ended up hitting him with the front tire of Derek’s truck.  Luckily, Camden and Kylie noticed and raised their hands for me to stop.  I was able to stop the truck before completely rolling over him.  We rushed him to Utah Valley where they decided he was stable, but needed to spent the night in Primary Children's for observation overnight.  He had a liver laceration, bruised lung and buckle fracture on his hip.  Thank goodness primary children's hospital in Lehi, had this car for Dean to ride in he loved that.  

He came home the next morning and was quite uncomfortable.  Nancy Peirce let us swim in her pool which he did enjoy and it allowed him to kick around without pain.  Here a cute pic of Ava in the pool:

It was honestly just awful and all of us were pretty traumatized by the whole thing, but within just a few weeks Dean had healed up good as new.  We all honestly consider it a huge miracle that we wish had never happened, but a so grateful it wasn’t worse.  Kylie feels Grams was Dean’s guardian angel and I believe it.  It has taken me a long time to heal from this and still feel forever marked and changed by this.  I truly believe that a priesthood blessing from Derek and prayers from lots of close friends helped me to get to a place where I can drive again and don’t replay this over and over so much any more.  Definitely wasn’t the best 4th of July holiday this year, but we were nonetheless grateful to have been able to spend some time with cousins and family. 

No comments: