Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Years' in St. George (again)

Seems to be a running tradition to spend New Years’ Eve in St. George and this year was the same. We headed down Friday after sending Poppi and Kylie, Jordan and Dean on their way to Arizona in the morning. I actually spend the morning of our departure quite sick and feverish and unable to move or get out of bed/off the couch. I finally enlisted the help of Camden to bring me some Tylenol and then I felt better and was able to do the bare minimum to get ready to leave. I warned Mom I might be coming sick and she said come down anyways and she would let me rest and take care of me. After Derek got home from work we headed down. I went to bed early that night after arriving. The next day I did a lot of laying around and took like 3 naps. We did make it to the near by park where the kids and D did the weight machines and Derek played lawn Chess with Carter. Mom, and Derek and I did a little loop in the wash/BML with Kota. She loves walking off leash. We played Blank Slate a new game Ally Pete gave Mom. Then, we ordered Thai food for dinner. That night was Wizard night. 
Sunday I felt much better just a touchy stomach. We all went to church with Babi then Liv and Babi and I did a little shopping. We had smash burgers for lunch, did another wash/BLM loop with Kota. We begrudgingly got Olivia to come with us that day. We got everyone to play cranium. For dinner George make a Greek lamb chops, potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, green pepper meal. It was delicious. 
 Mom made us all virgin margaritas. 
The boys lived in the pool the whole trip jumping in about 3 times a day. On New Year's Eve we all played a rousing game of Marco Polo.  
That night we introduced the kids to Pit and then rang in the New Year with sparkling cider and messy confetti poppers. In the morning, I got up and made crepes for everyone (I called it Mom and George's anniversary gift as their anniversary is New Year's Day).  Then we packed up and headed back home. 2023 was a great year!

No comments: