I love this sweet dog of ours and she is finally settling down out of that puppy phase, but still has lots of fun energy. The other day Derek and I went hiking in Dry Canyon. On the way down I was looking forward instead of down and steped in a deep hole on the trail and totally sprained my ankle. I got up to "walk it off" but then started to feel light headed. So I sat down on the edge of a littel retaining wall. Soon my head was swimming so I laid back against the hill. The next thing I remember is waking up in the middle of the trail with all these hikers surrounding me. I had passed out! I don't remember any of this but Derek says that right before I lost conciousness Kota freaked out was pawing at me frantically and licking my hands and face and then Derek realized I looked very pale and asked if I thought I was going to pass out and I said I thought so. So he was able to move me safely to the trail. Then, he says that dog laid down right next to me on the trail the whole time I was out until I came to.
Sometimes she has two toys she loves so much that she has to carry both in her mouth at the same time (generally a tennis ball and her duck or green dinosaur):
She will love when we finally get grass, but for now loves to roll in our dirt and especially right after I give her a bath:
She ripped off her toenail hiking the other day and had to wear this wrap/sock contraption for a few days while it healed, but it kept her from licking it and she was a good sport about it:
No comments:
Post a Comment