Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day

 We had a fun Valentine's Day this year.  Liv's class did not have a party and she boycotted bringing Valentine's for her class as well.  Mrs. Rockwood had a fun waffle party Valentine's morning that I got to help with.  The boys decorated their own boxes/bags.  Camden's professed his love for Addie.  

Then, they cut out hearts and heart attacked some doors in the school.  Liv weasled her way into the boys waffle party somehow.  She had a sub and had completed all the work she was supposed to be working on.  She wrote out a whole speech that she read to Mrs. Rockwood about why she should  be allowed to attend the boys Valentine's Day party and Mrs. Rockwood had mercy on her.  

For dinner, we got heart shaped pizza from Papa murphy's and I set the table fancy with a candle and flowers and sparkling cider.  We gave Liv a necklace, the boys harmonicas (just not more candy--they already had loads) and I bought all the kids books at from their book fair.  Where I spent the hours after the waffle party volunteering.  We went around the table and said something we loved about everyone in the family. 

 Then, the boys and Derek and I spent the night at the Sky ridge basketball game and Liv spent the night attending a youth temple trip.  Sure do love this family of mine.  Snapped this the Sunday after Valentine's...a moment when somehow all of us including the dog found ourselves together snuggled on the couch.  



No comments: