I took Olivia to audition for the Sound of Music this summer with Alpine Community Theater. While we were there, they asked if I was planning to audition (they are always in need of more adult ensemble members). I said no, but then Liv really put on the pressure and begged me to audition she threw back several motivational talks I had given her over the years and before I knew it, she had signed me up, registered me online, filled out my conflict form and was shoving me out there to audition with a song downloaded on my phone. It was one of the scariest things I have done most recently. I was so nervous and shaking through the whole thing and continued to feel shaky for an hour or two after the audition. They ended up casting me as a nun and Olivia as Brigitta.
The practice schedule was definitely one of the most time consuming things I have done in a long long while. I volunteered to help chair parades for the cast.
And there was probably a 3 week stent when Liv and I were at the theater from 5-10 or 11 pm every night. Derek and the boys got real tired of that (and me too honestly). But, I learned so much about how much time and effort it takes to be in these plays. I gained so much respect for what Liv does on the regular and all the hard work that goes into it. We made so many fun friends, had the best time and made great memories together.
Liv was a perfect Brigitta and I really enjoyed the challenge it was to learn all my latin, 6 part and frequently acapella music as a Nun. And wearing a habit was a hoot! We had so many wonderful friends and family come to support both me and her!














No comments:
Post a Comment