Derek and I were invited to an 80s prom murder mystery night in honor of Geoff Hill’s birthday. All D’s high school buds were there and we were transported back into their high school years.

Derek invited me to enjoy some courtside jazz sweet seats with him one night. It was sort of a fun experience to hang under the bleachers eating to our hearts content and then watch a game front and center. Liv is into the ugliest clothing styles. She insisted she loved and needed these Mom jeans that I recently bought for her.
Liv and I had a double play date day. First we went to see Hallie play Verruca in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at ACT, then we went up to Hale in Sandy and saw several of Liv’s friends in School of Rock. 
My boys continue to be a twin jumble on the regular.
And in other play news. Liv twisted my arm into auditioning for ACT’s summer Sound of Music Play. Like filled out the audition form for me, signed me up, stuck a sticker on me chest and pushed me into the room with a song to sing. I went along with it. It was so scary I was literally shaking through the whole audition and was still so overwhelmed after that I missed my turn driving Liv to a Rise Up performance and then again on the way to the boy’s soccer game. We both got callbacks which we had to send in by video because we got COVID. The cast list was just posted this weekend: Liv has been cast as Brigitta and I have been cast as a Nun/Party Goer. So I guess we are doing a show together this summer.
I’m a little anxious about it. She seems super excited to tell everyone that she got me to audition for a show and we are doing a play together this summer. The whole process gave me a much great appreciation for my talented, brave daughter and all the auditions she does frequently with ease and with so much greater talent than I.



No comments:
Post a Comment