One afternoon while I was at work, and the kids were home alone for just an hour until I got off work Liv managed to cut her hand while cutting some crusty bread. The funny part is that earlier that same morning she was doing the same thing, and I told her to be really careful with the bread knife not to cut herself and she gave me attitude like she totally knows and doesn’t need me to say anything to her. She blames the puppy who supposedly jumped up to try to get the bread while she was cutting and the knife landed on her hand. I got a call from Camden at the house while I was at work. “Mom, Liv cut her hand and it’s bleeding a lot. There is blood everywhere.” Panic as a Mom my triage question was, can she walk over to my office? She said she could. Thank goodness I work so close by. She had it bandaged real nice, but it definitely needed stitches. She completely lost it shouting in the middle of my office that she did not want stitches! I put her in an empty exam room and had the office ladies give her a snack. When I finished seeing patients I just dripped lidocaine on her and then left a lidocaine soaked gauze pad on the cut. And I prepared to hold her down while Dr. Durrans stitched. However, Dr. Durrans was able to calm her down with flattery. He told her how great she had performed in Hunchback when he saw it and then she happily sat still while he sewed her up. It has healed nicely, but she has definitely added a new scar to her left hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment