Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Matilda

Olivia has auditioned 3 times in the past then 4th times the charm she was finally cast as Hortensia in Alpine Community Theater’s summer Matilda show. We had never auditioned for a show at Alpine Community theater because to be honest I thought they rehearsed and performed in Alpine and I didn’t much feel like driving that far. However, I found out that they actually rehearse just off the freeway in Pleasant Grove. It ended up only being a 10-15 minute commute for us. And Hallie and Bentley ended up getting cast in the show too, so it was fn for Liv to be a in a show with them.
 This theater was a fun place to do a show; however, they rely highly on volunteers. I volunteered to be the attendance secretary not thinking that sounded too hard, but I ended up being practically the stage manager. After creating a huge time consuming calendar with all 100 cast members summer rehearsal conflicts, the director would ask me to send out emails to the whole group and help with whatever she needed. Liv participated in two city parades for publicity which she really enjoyed. 
 I took Hallie and Liv on a girls’ night one night during their show. 
 We had dinner at Olive Garden and then went to see the Scera Shell’s summer Matilda show. It was a fun night. 
 After the show was over they had a fun summer night outdoor cast party. Liv got the whole cast to sign her poster and plans to frame it and hang it on her wall. 
 They did karyoke. The cast did races in these cardboard cars. 
 The kids all thought that was fantastic. It was fun.

No comments: