Monday, January 20, 2020

Martin Luther King Day at the Aquarium

When Poppi and Nana were here there was quite the fight about whether to go to the Thanksgiving Point Butterfly Biosphere or the Aquarium with them.  I promised the kids that I would take them to the Aquarium another day, so Martin Luther King Day and no school became that day.  It was made even more special for Liv because of the fact that we got to bring her good friend Hallie with us.  It was actually super grateful to have Hallie along because then Liv always had a buddy as they were wondering around and I stuck close to the boys.  However, the girls pretty much wondered on their own most of the day.  Liv had her watch so I could call her and check in.  They had lunch with us.  All the kids had either grilled cheese or hamburgers and fries, but Liv ordered a salad.  That girl loves salad.

But, I didn't get to many pictures with the girls.  The boys took the token pic behind the shark teeth.

  Camden was particularly fascinated with penguins.  He loved that they all had their name tags on and quickly decided which penguins were his favorite, and we visited them several times throughout the day. 
I took this picture and sent it to Steph and Jon and family.  Ever since my boys first started toddling around they have referred to them as the penguins because that's what two twins boys both toddling looked like to them.  Liv's favorite animal was the ocotpus--of course.  The boys got to pet a snake. 


We ended the day with a 4D movie, and then took Hallie back to her place.
Liv and Hallie had a short play date until Hallie had to go to gymnastics, and we picked up Hallie's brother Braksen to come play with the boys for a bit too.  It was a fun way to spend the holiday.

No comments: