Friday, August 16, 2019

Midway Birthday Getaway

For my birthday this year, Derek got me a kidless weekend up at Midway with Lily Darais and Kylie joined us too.  I had all kinds of anxiety going because it was the last weekend before school started, but once I got there I was able to relax and we had a fabulous time.  Lily introduced me to the Blue Boar restaurant which was a hidden gem of a restaurant that I will definitely have to revisit.  The 3 of us spent Friday night chatting away.  Saturday, we got up did the most unique Yoga class I have ever done, had pastries from the bakery for breakfast, then Ky and I went on a beautiful hike, and explored Midway downtown. 

Then, we met up with Lily for massages.  We all came out relaxed the massage therapist call it massage drunk.  Then, because it was so good and Ky missed it the first night.  We went to the Blue Boar again for dinner.  Then, Sunday morning we all packed up and headed home.  Ky came over to my place for peach pancakes and to spend a few hours with the kids before we went to church (did I mention we were bunny sitting? and the kids put on a whole musical for us in Liv's room themed around Descendants 3 and that bunny).
  While we were gone, Derek and the kids had a backyard campout complete with s’more making over the fire pit.

No comments: