Saturday, October 13, 2018

Olivia's Baptism


Olivia turning 8 marked this year the year of her baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We had been focusing our family home evening lessons all year on her understanding the covenants she would make at baptism.  I am happy to report that she truly understood the covenant she was making with her Heavenly Father that day and she was excited to do it.  She had the most darling dress that she picked online herself.  She was trying to mimic her Aunt Karlee’s wedding dress as close as she could.  We had a great photoshoot a couple months before with Carly Pendleton where we got some darling pictures.  
Derek always requests a picture of just me and the kids for his office.  So we got that taken that day too.
My favorite pic of Liv was this one candid unplanned shot where Liv reached down and touched the river she was standing next too.  I felt it was very symbolic of her upcoming baptism and had it blown up onto a canvas for the special day.  
We also put up a few of the other pictures taken from that day.  The night before Olivia recited her testimony to me of the things she felt to be true and I typed it up and displayed it at the baptism.  We had a few copies of the Book of Mormon available with her testimony inside.  Tyler Thorsted made a beautiful program from us with Olivia’s picture inside.  
The day before the baptism, Dad and Lynn arrived with a whole bunch of nerf guns in tote.  Then, they left to sleep at a hotel while Mom and George slept at the house and were awakened the next morning by being shot with nerf guns.  

The morning of Kenadie’s Mom graciously agreed to braid Olivia’s hair.  
She went above and beyond and her hair was gorgeous and stayed perfectly that way throughout the whole baptismal event.  We filled the room for the baptism program with OIivia’s friends and family.  
Olivia originally asked to hair Karlee and Tanner jointly give the talk on baptism, but they found that arrangement difficult, so when pressed Olivia decided Karlee alone to give it.  The 3 kids did a marvelous job singing When I am Baptized.  
I lead all the music.  We sang as a group I am Trying to Be Like Jesus and If the Savior Stood Beside Me.  I definitely hardly held it together through Trying to be Like Jesus.  The Baptism ordinance was wonderful.  Then we came back and Olivia played I am a Child of God on the violin—she had practiced and practiced and on that day she played the very best she ever had.  
Aunt Stephanie gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and then Derek gave the most beautiful confirmation blessing.  It was a good day, a really good day. 
And I was so happy to have all Olivia’s grandparents in attendance. 
After the baptism everyone came back to the house for sub sandwiches.  Aunt Derek's Mom made Olivia a beautiful cake.
Hallie came back to house with us for a few hours, then I took all the kids over to swim at Poppi and Lynn’s hotel—lots of squirt guns were brought along.   Dad and I had to help with chicken fight after chicken fight (Camden was the reigning champion) and got squirted in the face all too much.  That evening we went to dinner with my Mom and George and Dad and Lynn at Tucanos.  Then, Dad, Lynn, Mom and I all went with the kids to see Small Foot.  Sunday morning everyone headed back home after a great family weekend.  

No comments: