Mom and George decided to get some new couches and told us they planned to sell their old one unless we wanted it. (Say what? Do you want this couch that is nicer than any of the furniture in our house for free? Why yes, yes we do.) I would say that I would never pick out a white leather couch to go in my house with my kids, but who can say no to a free couch? The biggest deal was picking it up somehow. Derek, more anxious for the new couch than the rest of us, made a little guys weekend out of it with his friend Jamis and went to pick up the couch over Memorial Day weekend. The only problem was once the couch arrived, I found it stuck out like a sore thumb in my kitchen of mostly black furniture and dark wood. That of course led to a little memorial day furniture sale splurge on my part, we bought a new kitchen table and new barstools.

I love the new barstools, the table looked so so good in our kitchen and tied in so well with the new couch and barstools, but even after a day in my house the table surface kept chipping and showing white spots underneath the gray surface with just normal daily use. I realized immediately that this table would never do. So, we exchanged it for a more sturdy table which I also like, but sadly I don't feel like it goes together with the couch and barstools as well.

On a positive note, while Derek was arranging for the exchange at the mall RC Willey the boys and I ran into all sorts of fun super heros which was an unexpected bonus.

We gave our old kitchen table which was one of 2 pieces of furniture Derek and I purchased as newlyweds to the new newlyweds in the family (Karlee and Tanner).
No comments:
Post a Comment