Thursday, May 17, 2018

The End of Preschool

The boys preschool ended like two weeks before Liv's school does.  This week we found ourself with two full days with not a thing on the schedule.  I'm not good and just lounging around the house and enjoying down time.  So the first day, we invited literally 12 people to meet us at the park for a picnic and no one could, so we went by ourselves to Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove.  My kids call this the wooden park and love to play there, but it's a little drive, so we don't go often.  We packed a lunch, brought the dog.  I brought a book and sat on a blanket while the kids alternated playing and coming back for food and to give London pets.  Camden is such the socializer.  He made friend with all the kids his age at the park and had this little gang that he just kept adding to the entire time we were there.

The boys had preschool graduation this week.  It was adorable.  They sang some cute songs and then each kid got a little diploma and got to walk the isle and at the end they all got to throw their hats in the air.  They have learned so much this year...all their letters and sounds, how to read, how to write their first and last name, numbers 1-20 (maybe more) and can almost count to 100.  Camden is obsessed with this girl named Boston in his class.  He calls her Bosty and she calls him Camdy.  He has been begging me to set up a play date with her, but the last few months have been so crazy that it felt like too much effort to me.  After graduation, he just wanted to follow her around and take pictures with her. 

Grandma and Grandpa came and gave the kids balloons after that said congrats graduate to their delight. 


They sent home a little folder with some of their work and this cute picture of what they want to be when they grow up.  Carter saying he wanted to be a missionary just made me heart so happy.  Sometimes I get little inclinations that we are teaching them the right things. 

Camden said he wanted to be a builder (though that's new to me--I thought it was "a package delivery man, fireman and police man...and Mom?  how many things can I be?)"

This a picture of them with Miss Valerie who has had all 3 of my kids in preschool (Liv for 2 years).  I am sort of sad to say goodbye to kids village.  It has played a major roll in my helping all my kids "grow up".  And I found myself brushing away tears and we said goodbye to Miss Valerie and Kids Village.

To celebrate preschool graduation, we picked Liv up and checked her out for lunch and I took all the kids to the Bounce House.  It was a fun little middle of the day adventure.


Also now that school is out, the boys and I discovered that hang time orem has preschool hours every day from 9-11.  It's only $5 per kid for the boys to jump on trampolines to their hearts content and off of ropes into sponge pits.  They were in heaven.  I wish I had discovered it earlier in the year!  Then, we had lunch at IN-N-OUT which Camden read all by himself as we were walking up.  We sat outside because it was such a nice day. 

Then, we came home and have been watching the broadway version of Newsies together while I blog.

No comments: