Thursday, May 25, 2017

End of School Year Craziness

First year of real school and I had no idea how crazy the last month of school is, but I know now.  Holy Cow!  It seemed like we had a performance or event to be at almost every day.  Liv spent the majority of the winter and spring preparing to perform Beauty and the Beast with Up With Kids.  She was a minion (yes there were minions in their version) and a flower.  She did fantastic with her lines and projecting her voice.  She's so fun to watch on the stage. That girl loves to perform.  Here she in in her blacks before dress rehearsal.

And I took this shot during dress rehearsal.  Liv you can tell is totally into it.  She's the flower with the big yellow bow on her head.

Here's after the show.


Then, she also had her end of the second year of Let's Play Music recital.  She was asked to play the most advanced piece of the group and did fantastic.  She has really loved playing the piano.  I never had to get after her to practice.  It's always the first thing she wants to do on her to do list.  I was super impressed with how much she learned in just one year of playing.  She played with both hands at the same time.  Right hand melody and left hand chords.


Then there were the kindergarten plays.  Mrs. Young decided to have some of the kids perform Waking Beauty and give Liv one of the fairy parts in that since she had memorized the whole thing for the storytelling festival.  Liv was thrilled about that.  Here are the 3 fairies.
  And her best friend in class, Hallie, was cast as sleeping beauty.

 All the plays were adorable, a total hoot to watch.  I was amazed at the props and costumes they had put together for them.  All the morning kindergarten kids sang a song together which was cute as well with all of them in their costumes.


There was the spring run off 1K race for kindergarteners.  Liv and Hallie and Kaitlin before the race.
 The boys and I got to go to school and run with Liv.

 It was a tough little distance for all my kids.  The boys and I brought up the rear alternating between running and walking.  Liv was ahead of us.  I saw her walking towards the end and started to cheer for her and then she took off and finished at lightning speed with the encouragement.

There was field day which I understand began with a bunch of fun field games.  Then, parents and siblings were invited to join the kids at 11 for a picnic lunch outside.  Liv packed her lunch and brought it to school with her.  She wanted to sit with all her friends and not me and the brothers on the grass.  Which was fine.  I just took a picture of her with all her friends and their Moms.


So much stuff for Liv, but I don't want to forget my cute little twiners who had preschool graduation.   The were super excited to perform all their songs for me.  They looked adorable in their cute little caps and gowns and sang a bunch of cute songs.  My favorite was Little Miss Muffett and all the kids shoot their little booties on the wagging their tails behind them part.  Then, proudly walking up the isle when their name was called holding their diploma and of course threw their hats at the end.  After it was all over Camden excitedly asked me if I liked it and he did a good job.  Loved it!


No comments: