This is just gonna be a grab bag post of all the things we have been up to this spring. Spring is definitely here. We've had a lot of rain, but also some lovely weather and lots of fun thing going on that are getting me excited for summer and all the fun things my kids and I will get to do when they don't have to go to school every day.
Camden has recently been complaining about our lack of boy dress up and in response to his Dad saying he couldn't wear the dresses he put this "boy" outfit together.

Liv has been loosing teeth like crazy. The tooth fairy could hardly keep up in fact, she forgot one night after I had already accidentally thrown her tooth away.

This is a picture from a day we had Hallie (Liv's bestie/BBF in kindergarten) over to play. They had just spent the day at school trying to build little pig houses that would be strong enough to withstand the (hairdryer) huffing and puffing of the big bad wolf. So, they naturally came home and demanded I give them tools to make more houses. I let them dig through the recycling bin to find whatever they wanted and this has been a recurring favorite activity for Liv ever since.

One day I was a little late getting to the bus stop and as I was rushing around the corner to get there I saw this adorable site of Cooper (her latest crush) giving Liv a ride home on his 4 wheeler. It only made me a little nervous for what lies ahead in our future.

Camden loves his Ipad. More than any of my kids. I will take it away and say it's time for normal playing with toys or outside and he often when I am not looking gets right back on. I always find him in the weirdest spots with his Ipad.

There was one warm weather week where Chelsea, Martha, Cooper and my boys literally played almost every day together running back and forth between each others houses (and Joe's- the neighbor who bought Annie's old house and inherited her trampoline and still allows all the neighborhood kids to jump to their hearts contentment). It gave me a little view into what summer is going to be like, and I got excited.
One day I attempted to take the boys to the library for story time. They each insisted on bringing their bear and a stroller. We only made a little bit of an entrance.

I have been hooking the boys up to the back of my bike on some of the mornings we have alone when Liv is at school and taking them for a ride. They love it especially going over bumps and downhill. I feel bad I never did this with Liv. She would have loved it (probably she still would but I don't dare let her on to the fact that we do this for fear of having to pull all 3 of them--the boys are heavy enough as it is).

One day when I was home with the boys, but it was a little too cold to hook them up to the bike behind me, I was sure I could run on the treadmill while the boys happily played together. It wasn't long into my run when Carter came down like this. A few minutes later Camden came down too similarly adorned. The claimed they were "bad guys."

This is my sole picture from Liv's soccer season this spring. One sunny day Camden stole my hat. Also this is his new favorite way to pose for a picture: tongue out, both fingers in his ears...

Liv by the way is really starting to come along in her soccer skills. Derek was sad because two days after his surgery we left him at home with Jedd to babysit him while Liv had the best soccer game of her life scoring 7 goals! The next game after all the praise she got for all her goals she spent the majority of the game just hanging by the opponents goal waiting for any ball to cherry pick into the goal. I think Derek and I finally broke her of that tactic at her last game hopefully.
Steph brought us dinner one night after Derek had surgery. I love this picture of the gimp and the invalid sitting on the couch next to each other.

This week I took the kids to a lego free play time at the Orem public library. Liv went dragging her feet thinking this was too boyish of an activity for her, but she ended up loving it. She made a vet shop and then proceeded to develop all sorts of romantic relationships between all the workers.

After the kids finished the lego masterpieces they were allowed to set them in a glass display box and they are left for display till the next week. Once Carter figured out this was the case, he quickly threw together as many lego masterpieces as he could. I think the display case may be filled with a majority of Carter creations.

No comments:
Post a Comment