Friday, September 9, 2016

Foothill Fall Festival

So we've heard for years rumors about how spectacular the Foothill Elementary Fall Festival is, but this year we finally got to experience it.  All week long Liv kept telling me I needed to buy a big bottle of soda pop for her to decorate.  Well, I hadn't heard anything about it so I didn't really think it was something she needed to do.  Finally I asked so other Mom and yes all the kids decorate soda pops and bring them to the festival.  The morning of the festival Liv woke me up an hour before she had to leave and asked if I bought her soda yet because she needed to bring it to school with her that day.  I double checked with another Mom and indeed they were supposed to bring the soda to school that morning.  Whoops!  I still hadn't bought it and figured we could do it after school.  We sent Derek to the store for soda and I had Liv made tissue paper flowers that she had seen made on creative galaxy and had been wanting to make.  She turned her soda bottle into a little vase and flowers and somehow we were able to throw that together and still eat breakfast and get out the door for the bus on time.


That evening we took the whole family to the festival.  The school is doing a Harry Potter theme this year, so there were booths to buy potions and individualized wands.  All the kids got one and were pretty thrilled.  I helped Liv's teacher with her fishing pond.  I learned what the soda pops were for.  They do a soda walk where they play music and the kids walk in a circle stepping on number cards on the ground.  When, the music stops they draw numbers and if your number is drawn you get to pick out whatever soda you want.  Each kid won a soda, so I was suck carrying 3 two litter bottles of soda around the festival for the rest of the night.  Liv of course picked her own bottle to take back home.  They had all the popular food trucks there, a nerf archery course set up, bubble balls, bounce houses, pony rides, golf cart rides, a train, and of course a quidditch field.  Honestly, WOW!

The kids wore wrist braces that allowed them to participate in all the events and get one popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cone each.  I rode the golf cart with the kids and they zoomed those things around the grass so fast it was a wild and crazy ride, but so fun.

 Someone mentioned that Foothill probably makes about $40,000 at their festival every year.  Holy Cow!  Anyways the kids had so much fun and keep begging every night if we can go to the festivals again.

No comments: