Monday, September 15, 2014

Liv's 4th Birthday







Liv has been anxiously awaiting her birthday ever since her last birthday.  And ever since she saw Frozen in the theatres she has been wanting and "Elsa Birthday party".  I thought she may change her mind since that was last Christmas, but the desire did not abate.

My babysitter, Carolyn, made her an Elsa cake.
 It was beautiful until I dropped a can on it, smooshing it just a little.  But, I was able to cover it up with some candles and an Elsa figurine.  We had it all arranged to have a neighborhood girl dress up like Elsa and sing let it go and such for next to nothing, but unfortunately she moved to New York right before her birthday.  So, we got a professional Elsa.  But, it was sooooo worth it.  It was the easiest party I have ever thrown.  Maybe we can just repeat next year?  

Liv wanted to invite everyone in the neighborhood age 2-10 boys included (I swear).  We had 25 kids at her party!  Plus, Babi and Papou came out for the event and I'm so glad I had them as extra helpers!  We served easy food- a frozen punch (frozen blue Hawaiian punch and sprite), Olaf noses- carrot sticks, Sven antlers- pretzel sticks, Elsa snowballs- powdered sugar doughnut holes, and Kristoff ice- blue jello cut in cubes.

I set out a bunch of crayons and frozen coloring pages at a bunch of tables for the kids to color as they arrived. 

Elsa arrived 30 minutes later and had all the girls (and boys though they didn't want to admit it) mesmerized for a solid half hour.  Love this picture you can see the intent girls and the boys hiding by the apple tree, but just as intent.

She sang lines from songs of all the Disney princesses, told the Frozen story as she flipped the pages of a book and kinda let the kids insert portions, gave a princess lesson on how to curtsey and be polite

and then took a group photo and individual photos with each kids (and Babi and Papou).

Then, we sang happy birthday, ate cake, and let Liv open her presents. 

Liv handed out party favors that said "Do you want to build a snowman?" with edible snowman making supplies (marshmallows, pretzel stick, chocolate chips, candy corn).  The party was a hit!  The kids loved it, I loved it, Liv loved it....so great all around!

Liv got WAY too much stuff for her birthday (I guess the result of inviting 25 people to her party and grandparents that spoil her), but a few things got pictured.

Derek, the boys, and I got her an art easel to go with some paints and paint brushes she got.

 This has been a constant source of anxiety ever since.  We keep it in her room, but whenever the boys find a way in there they get into the markers and color on surfaces that are not ideal like her comforter or the wall.  Luckily the markers are very washable, but it is still annoying and the paints are up high and so far have only been used once (pictured here):
My dad got her a Frozen poster for her room which was put up immediately
and a princess sleeping bag and pillow- what's not to like?  This is Liv's cute friend, Chelsea whom she spends her days playing with now that Kennedy is gone at school all day.

A friend got her a baby stroller. I don't know how we didn't have one till now.  All the kids love it.  Don't tell Liv this is what the boys do with it when she is at school.
Bless whoever got her some clip on earrings!  It seems to have appeased her enough that she is not longer asking me to put holes in her ears.

No comments: