At first, I felt disabled couldn't google things at a whim with my phone whenever I wanted, had no way to reach anyone when away from my home phone and also had no contacts phone numbers to reach people even if I wanted to, didn't have a camera to capture my kiddos cute moments unless you count the dinosaur digital camera that I'm not even sure I know the location of.
But, each day got easier and I actually grew to love the freedom I experienced from not having a phone. I really got our money's worth of the home phone we pay for every month, learned how many people put their mostly unanswered home phone on the ward list, wrote my grocery lists on paper and rediscovered email and gmail chat as a way to get messages to people instead of texting. I loved not being tied to my phone. It was one less thing to check, didn't have to check for new emails, new texts, missed calls, or instagram posts. It was one less thing to round up whenever we had to get in the car. (Trust me, I have enough things to round up already). I felt like I had complete control of my schedule because we only did the things I cared enough to remember without the assistance of my phone reminding me. I did miss my camera, my contact list, and my calendar. I still have no idea if I missed some commitments, but no one could get a hold of me to get mad at me if I did, so no worries there. Derek was basically my personal secretary and I'm sure loved being the way people got a hold of me.
In other news, it's summer and I love summer. I love the longer days. It makes it easier to wake up when the sun is up and I feel like doing so much more when it is still late after dinner. In the winter, we finish dinner and then wonder if we can go to bed yet. But now, we finish dinner and then decide what fun filled activity we should finish our day with.
Liv "graduated" from her first year of preschool, and they had a cute little ceremony.

We drove out to my Dad's cabin in Elko. Derek was in charge of pictures since I had no phone and took none. The only picture I have is this one Mitchell took. I'm pretty sure the focus of the picture was my Dad's new solar panels, but a few of the kids and I made it in the shot as well as the dog.

We did a lot of hiking sometimes twice a day, had great food, and enjoyed the time with Poppi and Uncle Mitchell.
I ran a trail race with Annie and her sister-in-law. It was hard and hilly, but I feel tough.
I put Liv in a dance class with some friends for the summer. Here she is pictured with her "earrings."
The boys are trouble, but cute. Liv is cute too.
We are enjoying all the fresh lettuce in our garden and the peas are ready to eat as well.
We are also loving the recent purchase of our Thanksgiving Point passes. This was at the preview for the new children's museum I was anxious for the rest of the day after going by myself with the kids. I wasn't prepared for water and Liv rode home naked.

This was one day after work that we went to the children's museum again but this time with Derek. So much better with a second adult, but still intense. The kids were soaked again, but at least this time I had packed a change of clothes.
Liv went to her first play with her daddy last weekend. Peter Pan at the Hale Center. She loved it. It was her Father's Day gift to him.
Carter climbed out of his crib one day during nap and Camden was not happy to be caged while his brother was roaming free after about an hour of screaming I went in to find Camden standing in his crib screaming and tear-faced and Carter asleep in the rocking chair. One again I wish I would have had video surveillance so I could have seen that played out. Luckily, the cribs could be lowered one more notch I really hope that buys us a few more months before they really discovered how to get out of those cribs. I am not ready for twins and toddler beds.
The boys have finally found some interest in media. Well, Elmo, to be honest. He's really the only thing that they watch, but we will be very grateful for that come flight time in July when we go to Babi and Papou's. Their favorite is Elmo's ducks (google it, it's awesome). And, every morning as soon as Carter wakes up when you get him out of his crib he starts excitedly demanding "ducks, ducks, ducks!"
1 comment:
You are hilarious and your life is funny to watch from the outside. I'm sure it's not that funny to you, but thanks for posting it on your blog so i can feel like i'm not the only one with crazy kids and constant chaos!
Post a Comment