Friday, November 1, 2013

We've Had a Super October

 
I guess we will start with Halloween.  All the kids were super heros thanks to Uncle Nathan who provided the costumes this year.  Liv took a little convincing.  She really wanted to be "Beauty and the Beast."  I figured she would change her mind every few days, but then week after week when you asked her what she was going to be for Halloween and the answer was always "Beauty and Beast" I knew I had to build enthusiasm some how.  I got online, found a picture of a pink super girl, and talked up how cool it was, and then easy as pie she now wanted to be a pink super girl for Halloween!
 
Liv loved trick or treating.  She carried her plastic pumpkin all by herself all night.  Towards the end it looked heavy and was practically dragging on the ground, but she would not let me hold it.  I think she was afraid if she admitted to getting tired I'd make her go home.  I was a fun Mom and made clever themed meals for breakfast (ghost bananas and ghost toast),
 
 lunch (monster sandwiches and apple o lanterns), 
 
and dinner (jack o lantern casadillas and a vegetable skeleton man) .  Yay me!
 
A few milestones of note:  Camden has finally been relieved of his helmet!  He has also officially started taking steps, and that kid is trouble.  He gets into everything.  He picks the thing he knows he shouldn't (the dog's water bowl, the toilet bowl, the stairs, the plugs) and always goes for that.  He first makes sure you are looking then giggles and army crawls as fast as his little arms will take him before the pursuit begins. 
 
I have finally gotten brave enough to venture to the grocery store with all 3 kids.  It's still a little crazy, but nothing stuffing them all full of crackers and bribes can't take care of. 
The boys can now pull themselves up in their crib.  It's hilarious.  Before going to bed and when they wake up they both pull themselves up on the railing of the crib that faces each other and just giggle and jibber.  So fun...really want to catch that on video but haven't figure out how yet.  I think I need to set up a hidden camera in their room.

A few examples of how we survive these days:  The markers are a favorite toy for everyone. 
One day when everyone was crying (including myself), I found that a big bowl of ice cream made everyone feel better
 
Then we jogged to the park to make me feel better about the big bowl of ice cream.  The boys were so cute snuggled up next to each other.
I'm a firm believer in you choose your battles.  This is one I have quit fighting.  Every day Liv wants to wear her snow boots, so I just let her.
 In other news:  Derek had a birthday, and all I have to prove for it is this picture of his half eaten grasshopper cake.  You can tell all my energy went into somehow making a cake and juggling the kids rather than documenting his birthday.  Sorry babe!

 Tanner left a little over a week ago for the Mexico City MTC.  He will be serving Spanish speaking in the California, Ventura mission.  Every night Liv blesses Tanner on his mission in California Adventure and all the princesses in California Adventure as well.
 I started playing on an indoor soccer team with a bunch of friends.  I'm no good and we lost our first game 7-4, but we had a blast and I can't wait to get on the field again!
Annie got me to go to Pumpkin Land at the Vinyard nursery with all my kiddos.  It was fun.  She packed Carter on her back for me and I packed Camden.

No comments: