Monday, July 15, 2013

Babi to the Rescue!

Derek went on a camping/repelling adventure with the scouts Thursday-Saturday of last week.  Liv was fitted with a helmet and harness but she was not permitted to go (though she really wanted to).

Luckily, my mother graciously offered to come distract Liv from the absence of her daddy and help me with the kids while he was gone.  I took full advantage of being +1 (as I call it) and we did some fun things with the kids.  By the end of the week, we were pooped.

After we picked her up from the airport on Thursday we headed straight for the zoo.  I should probably write a book called The Adventures of Nursing twins.  I have all sorts of crazy stories to put in there.  The zoo trip included two such adventures of nursing two babies in my car.  The second in the back of the car with the trunk door up, me fully exposed, and Babi attempting the shield me with her sweater.  The weather was overcast which thankfully made the day a little cooler than the usual 90 almost 100 degree weather we have been having around here.  The twins were angels and loved all the exciting things to look at and being pushed in the stroller.  Carter would focus in on one animal and have a staring contest, Camden would be looking all over the place trying to take everything in.  Then Liv...(I partly blame myself) towards the end was pretty tired and boy did she throw some whooper tantrums (throwing herself on the ground, screaming, crying, banging her head on the pavement in the middle of everyone).  I think she had fun..I think...either that or I tortured her by taking her to the zoo.  Jury still out.  We rode the carousel, saw the elephant show (the elephant painted a picture--Liv thought that was cool), and Liv climbed on every animal statue there.


Friday I got to have lunch with my good ol' roomate Ashley and all I have to show for it is the picture she took of all of us.

 It poured rain all morning

then just as Ashley left, the sun popped out, so we loaded all the kids in the car and headed to the Scera pool.  No one was there!!!  It was awesome.  The twins and I sat on the lawn for a while, then I let them splash at the edge of the pool when they grew tired of that.  Liv was fearless and was doing her "tricks" as she referred to them.  She was diving and, flipping, and swimming, and running around way faster than Babi was entirely comfortable with (she had arm floaties on of course--love those!)
 Saturday morning Babi took Liv to the park while the boys napped.

Then we had to take the family (minus Derek) to a housewarming party for one of the partners at Derek's firm who just built a house.  It was kind of a disaster.  Everyone took their shoes off or wore some of those parade of homes style blue booties to keep the floors clean.  Then, my 2 year old spilled orange juice all over, and Camden pulled my entire plate of food off the table and dumped it on the floor.  So much for keeping everything clean!?!  It reminded me why I really shouldn't attempt outings with the kids.  Kind of amazing the others went so well.  We did get to see their dance room in the basement where one of their daughters may teach Liv some dance.  After the plate spilling incident I decided we better leave before any further tragedies could occur.  We went home and Babi set up a slip n slide for Liv to run on (and London to drink from in the backyard.

Then, that evening Dad came home (YAY)!

 My Mom and I had planned to do some outlet shopping when he got back but were both so pooped from the few days with the kiddos that we opted to stay home instead.

Then, Sunday we had to say goodbye (for now) to Babi :(

Other things we have been up to:
The boys can now sit up in the tub which means I can finally manage giving them a bath without the assistance of another person!  My favorite picture of them at the moment:

 Out of necessity we washed the car one Saturday.  Liv loved it so much she insisted on us washing the other car the following Saturday.  Every Saturday she now wants to wash the cars.  This could be a good thing for our cars.

My dad got all my kids matching Hawaiian outfits.  I love this picture because it perfectly demonstrates the difficulties I usually face trying to take a picture of all three of my kids together (which is why you rarely see such a shot).  They just get so distracted with each other that I can't get anyone to look at the camera at the same time.

Debbie came to visit and we got together with Becky for a roomate breakfast

She also gave the boys their first haircuts.  Sad they look so grown up now, but it was dire.  Carter's hair was growing straight over his ear and though less noticeable because it tucked Camden's hair was LONG.

We went to Krispy Kreme for FHE the other night to show Liv how donuts are made and discovered Camden loves donuts!

 The boys finally getting to be big enough to enjoy the backyard to its fullest!
Carter laughing at his sister.  They have such a cute relationship.  She can get him to crack up like no other over the most unsuspecting things.

Boys just fighting over toys as usual.  So hilarious to watch!

1 comment:

Pacers said...

Your boys are looking so grown up & cute! It's fun to see Liv with them too. I love seeing the cute sibling relationships. I laughed about your nursing adventures. I didn't nurse twins - but by the time I was done with Hayley I figured I'd fed my babies just about everywhere possible - stores, libraries, parks, dressing rooms, bathrooms, airplanes, cars, friends's houses, sports games, church, with/without blankets, etc. etc!! So fun.