Friday, February 3, 2012

An Important Announcement

Derek and I have have hesitated about whether to make this public knowledge or not, but we completely feel that a large reason we have been blessed with our daughter Olivia is because of all the the faith, prayers, and fasting you all did in our behalf. So, we have decided to enlist your help once again as we attempt round 2 of in vitro. Which believe it or not we are planning to try next month. Currently, they are expecting to perform egg retrieval on March 11th-- which hopefully will result in a baby due the first part of December. I have already started my medication regimen, and I'm a nervous wreck. However, I think I need to use this blog as an outlet for all my worries, fears, and up-dates because holding it all inside to myself is just too much to bear. So far, I have just been taking a birth control pill every day which seems sorta counter productive, but they need to be exactly accurate of which day of my cycle I am at and where I am hormonally so they can add meds with the right result. Birth control isn't so bad except I forgot how it makes me nauseous. I just take it at night, and as long as Liv doesn't wake me up too early, I'm fine. We've been planning this for a while, and I have been amazingly calm and collected about it until recently. Now that I have started my meds, it has finally hit me that this is for real and all the old in vitro worries and anxieties are returning with a vengeance. Derek and I both feel good about this decision, but it's still so nerve wracking, and we would love all the support we know you will provide.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Good luck! You'll definitely be in our prayers!

Emily said...

Yay!!!!! I can't imagine your emotions/nerves/feelings at this time, but I'll be thinking about you and hoping all goes well!! So excited for you Chels!!

Heather said...

I'm nervous for you but so excited!! I can't believe #2 could be coming soon!

emily+brett said...

You know I'm always here!

Risha said...

Good luck!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Oh happy day! Bran and I will be praying like crazy for you.