Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Various thoughts during nap time

Livie is asleep so I thought I would download my brain while I have a free hand.

Thought #1: Our pansies are on steroids (as Derek is always saying). Here is a comparison picture:Thought #2: Does anyone know how to kill poinsettias? I have had these in my home since November, and they just won't die. I feel as though it would be some kind of plant cruelty to just stop watering them. But, I am sick of poinsettias. It is summer not Christmas!

Thought #3: Two things are interupting my baby's sleep. 1) Teeth- she now has two bottom teeth (only took her 9 months) and knock on wood she hasn't bitten me yet. But, sad times for her (or me depending on how you look at it) we just got those teeth in, and now I think the top teeth are coming in. Derek and I started brushing her teeth at night. She is funny. She totally sits there with her mouth open. She loves it! 2) She has now learned to sit up from a lying position, and she has also started crawling. So, when it comes time for a nap, she is usually doing that instead of sleeping. More times than not she has fallen asleep like this over the past week. It looks so uncomfortable I can hardly stand it. I have ruined many a nap trying to reposition her. I have since found it is best to just let her sleep sitting up.

Thought #4: We need to buy Olivia a wagon! We have our garden planted and growing. But, I decided to add some cucumbers and basil to the mix. I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of the nursery with my plants and Olivia. Luckily, the nursery I went to had these cute little wagons to pull your plants (and babies) to the register. She may look cute, but this one is a terror if you are a basil plant. My plants barely made it out of the nursery alive. The first thing she did when I put them in the wagon was dump them upside down. I had to hide them behind her in hopes that she wouldn't find them on the way to check out. She loved this wagon. When I took her out to put her in the car she started crying.

Thought #5: What better way to discover a backyard than by eating it? Which is what Olivia did right after grabbing that beautiful flower in her hand. My initial reaction was to get it out of her mouth rather than snap a picture...sorry.

Thought #6: I love my friend Lindsay for giving me this purple Salvia. I transplanted it from her yard last fall and this spring it grew!!! Hurray! It looks so pretty in the front of my house and makes me happy every time I walk past it.I can hear baby cooing in her bedroom, so I guess my thoughts have turned elsewhere. Cheers!

No comments: