Thursday, January 27, 2011

A New Phenomenon

So last night Derek informs me that a guy in our ward has invited us to a super bowl party at his house. I'm thinking, "Super bowl? Isn't that weeks away?"

I mean it seems to me that usually (at least at our house) these sporting event parties get thrown together at the last minutes. Usually Derek comes home and tells me, "Oh by the way, I invited a bunch of people over to watch the game tonight." And that would be the first I'd heard of it. That's the kinda of planning I'm used to. So to be invited to a party over a week in advance seemed out of the norm.

So I tell Derek, "Wow, here's really on the ball! The super bowl is not for a couple weeks." Derek then goes on to explain to me that yes it is a week away, but this is the SUPER BOWL. He likened it to a high school prom. You have to invite your guests ahead of time before someone else gets to them if you want to have a good party. If someone else gets all the awesome people before you do, then your super bowl party is going to be a dud.

So I guess I figured I better type up a quick post to let you all know that you're too late. We've already been asked to a super bowl party. Have you found your dates for the super bowl yet? If not, you really better get on the ball. One awesome couple is already unavailable. Who knows how many people are left.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Tell Derek we were going to invite him to the actual game but it looks like he already has plans. Bummer. Ok so he knows I hate football and would never go but just pretend.

emily+brett said...

this post is awesome! and love the post below. i feel like that every day of my life with steele. and now with this girlie.