(Cute picture of the day)Okay, I have something to grumble about. The Mom stuff is more than I hoped and dreamed except for one thing...my boobs.
I am a stomach sleeper. Always have been one and thought I would always be one. I always knew sleep would end for me in pregnancy the day I couldn't sleep on my stomach, and it did. I could not wait for pregnancy to end so that I could sleep on my stomach again and perhaps actually sleep again. Pregnancy now over, and there is one major flaw in my plan...MY BOOBS. There is no way I can lay on them. Ugh! I hate them. If Livie didn't need them so bad, I'd just cut them off.
So what is the deal with certain patterns and certain colors that make your boobs look smaller? Someone please enlighten me! I seriously didn't know they could get bigger. I spend my mornings trying on shirt after shirt to see which draws the least attention to my boobs. So gross! Please tell me they will get smaller again some day...
In other news Livie had a photo shoot yesterday. A lady in my ward is the best little photographer. I can't wait to get the prints back so I can up-load them, send out baby announcements...that sort of thing. More later. Maybe next time I'll focus more on Livie and less on my boobs.
10 comments:
Maybe you could duct tape them like that girl in that Now & Then movie - flatten it out a little. Give it a few weeks/months - things will get a little more normal. But I totally feel your pain. Layers will do wonders, good thing it's getting colder!
I have no advice on how to make boobs appear smaller, mine do that on their own. But I am so with you about the stomach sleeping. I was so excited to have the baby out so I could sleep and those blasted engorged painful boobs. It will get better. Give it a month or so (maybe 2) for them to figure out regulating the milk production and they won't be so sore and leaky.
Man, I sound crude. Boobs.
Ha ha Chelsea I freakin love you! Love the candidness on the boobs. And what can ya say? The boobs turn porn worthy after baby comes (was that too much?) Anyway I have no advice either, mostly because I am not a stomach sleeper. But I do remember that agony over trying to find a decent shirt to wear that didn't make me feel so massive.
If it makes you feel any better mine are just empty little sad sacks of nothing now. So they do go down.. sometimes a lot smaller than what you had in the first place. :( Babies mess our bodies up that's for sure! Good thing she is so freakin cute and worth it huh?!
I agree. Give them 6-8 weeks to calm down. Honestly I hate that mine are gone after nursing. After the pain of engorgement ends, try to enjoy them.
Don't worry, they'll shrivel down to nothing once you're done nursing...I was pretty busty before my kids....now I'll be lucky if they resemble lemons once Susie is fully weaned...
shrivel down to nothing is right! once your body regulates your milk supply you won't feel as huge but not until month 9 or 10 of nursing will they start going back to their normal size. i'm was so pleasantly suprised to see so many new posts. you must be doing great but i totally get the dark circles too. you're a great mom!
I'm guessing your milk came in?? I warned you but I didn't warn about not sleeping on your tummy for awhile. Have you noticed I have NO boobs so maybe you have a chance of them shrinking. Sorry.
Haha! They will get a lot smaller when your baby is about six months! Hang in there:)
Oh I am right there with you. I told Brad that one would think growing boobs when you are used to not having them would make you feel sexy or something- NOT the case- they just make me feel bulky or husky. I too have the same problem with shirts now being too tight. Good news though- they will EVENTUALLY go back to normal.
She is perfect! I am so excited for you! And glad that all went well! Good luck with the boobs!...wish it was all over after you have them, but it takes a bit.
Post a Comment