Monday, January 11, 2010

A turn of events...

Okay. I officially believe in miracles. I'm not going to lie. My little PA brain had officially given up hope when I got the results last week. I knew it was not a good sign. There was a much higher likelihood of bad news today than good. I tried to put on my happy, positive face for friends, but I spent the weekend crying and looking for a puppy.

The night I got the news I asked Derek to give me a blessing, and he blessed my body that it would produce the proper hormones to keep this pregnancy. And somehow, I still lost hope. Everyone said they were still going to keep praying for us, and I felt like it was a lost cause. One night I was talking to Jared Morris and telling him I had accepted the fact that we were going to have bad news on Monday, and he asked if I believed in miracles. I sort of chuckled and agreed that if things turned around it would for sure be a miracle. I think I was protecting myself. I knew that if I stayed positive all week and got bad news I would just crumble, so I prepared for the worst.

Well, today at work (unlike Thursday). I let my nurse check my blood results because we have access to hospital labs and because I was already prepared to face bad news and move on. (Thursday I was too nervous to go check at work and have everyone leaning over my shoulder at the computer if the news was going to be that I wasn't pregnant, so I waited until 5:30 pm when my doctor's office finally called me).

To my surprise, my hcg level had raised from 36 to 252!!! I was honestly shocked. I wasn't going to believe it until my doctor's office called. Later today, the nurse from the office called. She said that she had to be honest when they see a 36 they don't expect things to turn around and they rarely do. But, she was thrilled to see such a great response. She said everything looked fabulous.

I have to get my hcg levels checked again on Monday (a week from today). She said they would like to see them at at least 1000 on Monday. I'm hoping things will continue to grow grow grow. Because it would really stink to be pregnant after all this for only a short time. Keep praying and I will too as my faith is officially renewed (guess I never should have lost faith in the first place).

21 comments:

Tara said...

CHELSEA! I tried to call you after I got the text. I am SO EXCITED I can't even stand it! That is such a neat blessing that Derek gave you and I am SO happy that things turned around. Keeping growing little fella(s) :)

Love you and I am so happy. CALL ME!

Sunnishine said...

so exciting Chelsea. That is such a stressful thing to wait like that.

Unknown said...

Oh so happy for you! Way to go hcg levels and miracles! When are we doing dinner?

SJZ said...

Don't stop believing Chelsea! Still sendingn warm thoughts your way!!

Emily said...

SO EXCITED for you! I got all teary reading this...don't give up hope!!

Lizzy said...

Grow little babies, grow! I don't know how you can handle all this waiting! It's killing me. Stay strong and keep up the hope. It will happen!

Lima Bean said...

chelsea--you are so brave to share these things with us, and i love being on this journey with you. when i read about that blessing derek gave you, i had tears in my eyes. you guys are such a great pair. i have also been adding my prayers to many others that your body would respond to the implantation well, and will continue to do so and hope so and wait for more updates. love you girl.

Abby said...

Hi,, I Know This Is alittle weired But I'm Sunni Lyman's Mother,, I saw Your Blog and have Been Following Your Journey.. I started Crying The Minute That I saw You Had Posted...I'm so excited For You!!!!!I have Been Praying daily For Those Little babys To Grow!!!!Bless You...

Bug said...

Oh my prayers are definitely with you. Believe it or not I know what you are going through- good luck and I believe in miracles if that helps! Love you!

Christi said...

Grow Grow Grow!!!! I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait hear what comes next!!!!!!!

Linds said...

Yay, yay and yay some more!!!!!! I too am so inspired but your courage to share and know that you are blessing many lives. But on to you, I am so happy for you! I will pray pray pray that those little cells multiply multiply multiply!!!

McGiven Family.... said...

I was heartbroken after I saw you the other day. I cried after I left you. This is the best news! I am so excited for you guys!!! We will keep praying, praying, and praying some more. We love you!

Sarah said...

I have been praying for you and so nervous. I am so glad everything is looking good! I hope everything continues to go well. We are so happy for you guys!!!

Garcia's said...

This is so great! I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Kurt & Jen said...

That's so exciting! I hope things keep going well! We're definitely keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Blog said...

That is so wonderful, thanks for keeping us updated! Good Luck!!!

Jen said...

I so hope this is a miracle! All of our prayers are working. Keep believing! Here's to 9 more months!

Mary said...

I got in bed two nights ago and knelt as I usually do and realized I hadn't actually checked your blog to find out what was happening. What an emotional ride! I'm glad to hear the hcg levels are going up . . . and up some more. I'll check back Monday. In the mean time, my prayers are with you dear Chelsea.

Becky said...

CHELS!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!! (Make sure Derek sees this!!!!!!!!!!) :)

Wendy said...

hooray!!! i was so hoping it would work out and have been thinking about you guys often. we just got back from florida so i have been out of the loop but i am glad i cam back to good news. congrats.

Kari Ann said...

yea! I am so excited for you! You two are still my favorite and I love ya to peices! I will pray for you as well. Just remember it's what God wants that matters not what the medical tests and numbers say.