For my avid blog followers who are on this baby adventure with me, I'm sorry to post this so late. 4403! That was my Hcg count today. This baby heard at least 1,000 and ran with it. So, I officially feel this pregnancy is solid, but it still doesn't feel real. The only thing that is for real is my boobs- they are huge, and they hurt! (Yes, that is an invitation for everyone to stare at my boobs the next time you see me).
Doctors were so happy with the numbers that perhaps I can exercise a little if my heart rate doesn't get above 120, and it's not strenuous, and doesn't require any lifting. Anyone who has any exercise suggestions that fit that description please let me know. Perhaps I will have to start a strolling club (not a walking club for fear of getting that heart rate up too high).
Next step, I have my first ultrasound on next Monday. This will be the official determiner of whether there is just one or two babies in there (but I'm guessing just one because the Hcg levels have been on the low side). We'll be thrilled with one and scared to death of two. We should be able to see a heart beat. Very cool. Maybe then it will feel real. They will also draw a blood test to check my estrogen levels, and if that looks good, I get to quit applying my dang estrogen patches every other day. But, for now I have to keep up with the progesterone which is 4 times per day and has to be refrigerated (and is inserted vaginally and very messy). Wish I could give that one up instead. I'd much rather wear a patch.
For all those who have been asking. I think I am officially 5.5 weeks pregnant. My due date is September 17th, and other than the huge sore boobs, I feel great (so far). P.S. love the excuse to eat whenever I want and whatever I want. And, also love the I'm too worn out or too tired excuse that is always working with Derek right now.
Hasta Pasta! (Till Monday)
16 comments:
YEA!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Another week to wait... I don't know how you do it. Here's hoping for twins (hee hee)!
Welcome to wearing a bra 24/7 for the next year. My suggestion is to go to Motherhood Maternity and buy a sleeping bra for nighttime. They are the best for nursing - so much more comfortable to sleep in than a real nursing bra.
Got your txt yesterday. I'm so excited for you! This is great! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face yesterday. And to the baby(s)... Keep up the good work, little one.
Sep 17th is an excellent due date. That was Jake's due date. He wasn't born on that date, but still!
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see how many! I'm so glad this worked!
doing a little happy dance in my bedroom for you. love you!
Yeah, i am excited for you to find if there is one or two, keep us updated!!
I'm SOOOO excited!! Oh boy, you are in for an adventure!! I have a prenatal pilates DVD that I loved but it would probably be boring to you. NOW we have to wait until NEXT Mon. for more news!! CONGRATS!!
P.s. Just be glad you're not bloated like I was! It was AWFUL!!!!!
Ok I just have to say I love your candidness (word?) inserted vaginally and huge boobs! I laughed out loud! Hayden's due date was the 18th (he came the 23rd) it makes for a great summer. My last word of advice after 5 children, it's easier to keep the weight off then get it off later so if you need a strolling partner in the early am let me know haha! love ya~jules
Chelsea & Derek CONGRATULATIONS!!! I must admit last Friday night when you were mothering Marlee my heart was aching for you because I knew although you thought Marlee was cute and fun and all, you were really heartbroken! This is so exciting! Although like you said 2 is unlikely, I would love to see another one of the guys end up with twins! But one is much more manageable. Either way perfect! We must get together and celebrate! Who did you decide for an OB?
Yea!!! Congratulations! I have been praying for you guys every day! I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to hear how everything progesses.
I am so so happy!!!!! I love your little miracle baby already...can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat. That's the best part!!
I called Sarah yesterday to ask for an update and she told me the good news! I am so excited for you guys. I hope you keep feeling good.
That is such exciting news. I have been checking in to see the progress. I agree with Ashley, get a sleep bra. They are great. Sorry that you are having so much soreness. Take is easy and thanks for all of the prompt updates. So fun to hear all about it!
How wonderful! So excited fro you and Derek!!
hooray!!!! do you remember the dairy queen chicken strip basket incident when i was pregnant? it is best to obey your cravings=) enjoy your boobs while they last...pregnancy and nursing hasleft mine quite depleted...
Post a Comment